Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Earth Defense Force 2025 review

This thread is in response to a review for Earth Defense Force 2025 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Germ
Posted: March 08, 2014 (02:33 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Somehow I've overlooked this series. This review and you're earlier one for its predecessor have me very interested. Think I'll be checking EDF 2017 prices on eBay today. Thanks for the review(s)!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: March 08, 2014 (06:49 PM)

Honestly, I'd highly recommend getting this instead of EDF2017, if possible. EDF2017 is a good title, but EDF2025 is basically the same game (those remixed stages) with added playable characters and an online mode. The disappointments I address in the review is more for players who experienced EDF2017, but I guess those issues wouldn't be an issue with people new to the series. The stage number length is still a bit much, though, if you're just playing it by yourself. Play with a friend!

Thanks for reading both reviews, too! As someone who experienced the series for the first time with EDF2017, it was pretty awesome seeing all this stuff firsthand, and I think that enthusiasm showed through when I wrote that review.

board icon
Posted: March 08, 2014 (07:49 PM)

I wanna note too that there was a spin-off game that came out between 2017 and 2025 called Insect Armageddon. It wasn't made by the original dev team and has a different style to it, and the only reason I didn't mention it in the review is because I never had a chance to play the game. I didn't wanna seem like I was talking out of my butt about something I have no knowledge of. xP

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: March 08, 2014 (08:31 PM)

IA was actually pretty cool. I didn't play all the way through, but it had some good ideas (e.g., classes) and better production values than earlier EDF games. But the thing is, EDF is known for absurdly massive carnage... so when a game handles its action sensibly (i.e., keeping framerate steady) then it loses some of what fans love.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: March 09, 2014 (04:20 PM)

Ooh, dunno how I would handle the toning down. I'd still like to play it one day, just for curiosity's sake.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.