Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's The Banner Saga review

This thread is in response to a review for The Banner Saga on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: January 27, 2014 (09:14 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Definitely sounds like an interesting game, though its choice system seems like something that could easily polarize players. But I will say, my fondest moments in strategy-style games came during my bleakest moments in stuff like Front Mission 3 or FFTactics, so this might be something I could check out. I remember brushing by this title when snooping around Steam a week ago, and the one thing that immediately caught my eye was the art style, so I thought the Eyvind Earle mention was a nice touch. Good review!

Also wanted to mention that there's something weird going on in the first sentence of the 5th paragraph. I'm guessing you intended that to be a comma?

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 28, 2014 (02:36 AM)

The grimness is surprisingly addictive. I did feel point blank awful at part of the game, but the odd moment when my leadership pulled everyone more or less intact through a disaster did, in turn, feel very rewarding. As you note, the art style is amazing and I could of talked about it for longer, but that particular part of the review found the cutting room floor. It reminds me of that old Lord of the Rings animated film in a lot of ways.

Thanks for the catch. Yeah, it was supposed to be a comma, and now is. Pesky full stops.

board icon
Author: Aquas
Posted: January 30, 2014 (05:31 AM)

Got me interested, well done!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: February 01, 2014 (04:25 AM)

Thanks!

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.