Google+   Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | DS | PS3 | PS4 | PSP | VITA | WII | WIIU | X360 | XB1 | All

foe_en_s4_b22.jpg

Forums > Submission Feedback > Ben's Uncharted 2: Among Thieves review

This thread is in response to a review for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Germ (Mod)
Posted: January 24, 2014 (07:46 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I actually really like the combat of this game...at the harder difficulty levels. Certain combat sections require you to really consider how you're going to take enemies on: in what order, using which weapons, using how much stealth, etc.

You're right though, beating the enemies is usually too easy. Fewer, more varied and tougher may have been better. I feel that way about a lot of games. Great review, although I personally rate this game very highly.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: January 25, 2014 (04:51 PM)

Thanks for reading. Yeah, I stuck with Normal the entire way through, so I never saw how different it was at higher difficulty levels. I wasn't fond of the combat in The Last of Us, either, so maybe I'm not destined to like the shooting in a Naughty Dog game.

board icon
Author: Germ (Mod)
Posted: January 26, 2014 (09:58 AM)

I'm actually planning on playing The Last of Us on Survivor difficulty very soon, which I've been told vastly improves the experience. My understanding is that it cuts out listen mode entirely, which should make the encounters much more intense.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 26, 2014 (11:53 AM)

Fine review, Ben! Good to see you contributing again. I do wonder if I'd enjoy this game quite as much by today's standards, when the "watercooler moment action game" genre is particularly overstuffed. Just like I wonder if I'd still love Modern Warfare 2 as much today, which came out around the same time. Your review conveys a transparently against-the-grain opinion very fairly. Good job.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Ben
Posted: January 26, 2014 (03:16 PM)

Good luck if you end up doing a Survivor run on The Last of Us. No listen mode could make the stealth even more trying. You're definitely a more patient guy than I am.

Thanks, Suskie. I can't believe it's been three years since I last posted a review here. I found it quite freeing, actually - I got to be more self-indulgent and didn't have to conform to a particular style. I definitely enjoyed writing this one, and I'm open to contributing some more this year. I hope I can make the time.

Info | Help | Privacy Policy | Contact | Advertise | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998-2014 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a registered trademark of its copyright holder. This site makes no claim to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, its characters, screenshots, artwork, music, or any intellectual property contained within. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors.