Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's Nidhogg review

This thread is in response to a review for Nidhogg on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 16, 2014 (09:18 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Oh, I see -- started working on sleepy underground indie games, eh? Well, maybe I'll go ahead and review current-gen AAA titles. See how you like that.

Annoyingly, you do a very good job with this. It's always tricky with simplistic games not to over-sell what it does offer in some grandiose effort to fill the game's brevity of options with your own writing, but you don't do that. You don't do that at all, so well done.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: January 16, 2014 (08:55 PM)

Thanks! That's actually very reassuring to hear since, as you said, this is very much outside of my comfort zone. I'm not even sure if I would have taken this assignment if I'd actually read up on Nidhogg beforehand, but hey, whatever works.

Thanks for reading. Much appreciated. And I would non-jokingly like to see AAA coverage from you, so promptly get on that.

board icon
Author: yx
Posted: June 11, 2015 (07:44 AM)

I think this Steam game discussion (http://steamcommunity.com/app/94400/discussions/0/558747288230661856/?tscn=1434015032#p1) complements the review well.

I have to say I am sorry to see that no "professional" review at all, anywhere on the Internet, has mentioned the technical misery, and the abudance of technical issues, that plague the game and render the central online multiplayer experience barely accessible.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: June 11, 2015 (07:48 AM)

(See for instance how hard it uses the VGU/VGA and CPU. It's insane, considering this is na 8-bit game under every audivisual regard, and bespeaks a lot of the developer's publisher. As it does that they had discussions were players complained at the game's malfunctioning removed from Steam community, at least in the aftermath of release.)

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: June 11, 2015 (07:51 AM)

It's also frightening (to me) to read that "images of horrific violence nonetheless. It's a spectacle, and makes Nidhogg's bursts of straightforward action all the more satisfying."

(I apologyze for the triple post, but have no idea whether posts can be deleted/edited, so, sorry)

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.