Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds review

This thread is in response to a review for The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 25, 2013 (11:56 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Very compelling review. A DS is first on my list for post-job buys.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: December 26, 2013 (11:54 AM)

Great review, Jason. It has certainly warmed me to the idea of getting a 3DS. A couple things, though. Is this game a sequel to LTTP? A reimagining? Also, you talk about third favorite Zelda games without saying what number one and two are.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: December 26, 2013 (01:56 PM)

Thanks for reading! You could do a lot worse than a 3DS XL for your next hardware purchase (plus it plays DS games)...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: December 26, 2013 (08:08 PM)

It's a sequel to LttP, Masters, and is actually called The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2 in Japan. The Hyrule overworld is really quite similar, but there are enough differences to make for some very interesting play (and then the world of Lorule REALLY adds new wrinkles). As someone who spent a lot of time with LttP, I was surprised that the experience in some ways ADDS to the new one, rather than making it feel like a retread. My two favorite Zelda games are still the original two, for the NES. And number three is now this one, as noted. :-D

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.