Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Farming Simulator review

This thread is in response to a review for Farming Simulator on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: December 03, 2013 (01:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I just read this review twice and realized that other than "bored people looking for a game to play" or "guy who just lost a bet", I have no idea what the desired audience for this game is.

As someone who used to live on a small farm as a youth, the thought of playing a game about working a farm just has no appeal. So were they thinking, "Man, all those city-slickers who've never baled hay in their life ought to be interested in seeing how the other side lives?" And if so, shouldn't they have found a way to add appeal to things other than giving boring sidequests that happen to earn an obscene amount of money? Making fertilizer bombs to take out corn terrorists would be better. And then it'd truly be GTA on a farm!

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: December 03, 2013 (09:19 PM)

Yeah, I was originally going to bring up that point about who this is targeted at, but then I briefly went around the net, read comments about the game, how they and their children LOVED playing this. I was just thinking, "I REALLY must be missing something here..." and decided to leave it out. xD

Thanks for reading.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: yamishuryou
Posted: December 14, 2013 (09:31 AM)

I bet it's still more fun than FarmVille.

At 9:55:00 PM MST on April 5th, 2005, Venter finally defeated Phantom!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.