Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's LocoCycle review

This thread is in response to a review for LocoCycle on the Xbox One. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 26, 2013 (09:39 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good to know the industry is keeping alive the tradition of mediocre launches across all systems.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 26, 2013 (11:19 AM)

Twisted Pixel is a capable developer that has produced magic frequently in the past, and this was a promising concept with obvious opportunity to provide a good time, so this one had all the potential in the world to be great and its failure to execute is especially disappointing.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 26, 2013 (11:59 PM)

This was one of the few launch games for the Xbox One I was genuinely interested about, even with the very goofy premise. Though, since it was Twisted Pixel, I figured they could pull it off.

But after reading your review, this really sounds like an incredibly stupid game. The constant spouting of pop culture references sounds similar to my short experience with Ms. Splosion Man... which got old fast. I wonder if Twisted Pixel just got too "ambitious" with the game because it was a launch title and wanted to show off? Maybe they should have just stuck with a safe bet and went with a sequel to one of their other properties.

Anyway, really good review!

Edit: Huh, nevermind, just read that this was originally an Xbox 360 game.

Double edit: Wait, I just read on the LocoCycle site that it's still coming to the 360... in 2014. I... doesn't that just defeat the purpose of enticing players to buy an Xbox One?

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: November 27, 2013 (12:30 AM)

Wait, I just read on the LocoCycle site that it's still coming to the 360... in 2014. I... doesn't that just defeat the purpose of enticing players to buy an Xbox One?

Well, even if LocoCycle was an Xbox One exclusive... it still shouldn't entice anyone to buy the system, because it's bad.

Crimson Dragon is another launch title that was originally for Xbox 360, and they both show it. I don't know why Microsoft is doing this. They should be pushing content that showcases the power of the new hardware out of the gate, right?

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.