Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Knack review

This thread is in response to a review for Knack on the PlayStation 4. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: November 19, 2013 (03:33 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You know, this doesn't seem like such a bad game, if a bit standard-sounding for my own tastes. Actually was surprised to read your opinion and seeing the rating after all the mixed reactions I've been seeing for this game.

I dunno why, either, but I'm reminded of the 360's launch game, Kameo, whenever I see images of this game. Is that a fair comparison (if you've played the other), or am I waaaaay off?

This was a good read, though I am a bit confused about this one sentence:

Knack stars a mysterious creature of the same name, who basically is a sentient orb that can attract magical chunks called relics close and fashion a body out of them.

Does "relics close" suppose to go together, or am I just reading that wrong?

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 19, 2013 (03:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

The word "close" didn't belong, so I've removed it. Thanks for pointing it out! I blame the pain in my mouth from apparent dental issues. That can make writing somewhat less manageable than usual.

Sadly, I owned Kameo for years (after buying it at launch) and never actually played it. Then I sold it. I can't tell you how similar the two titles are, but my gut tells me you made an apt comparison. I think a lot of people enjoyed Kameo for what it was, but I don't recall critics being especially kind to it. We could find that the same thing happens with Knack. Right now, it feels to me like everyone is hoping for every new PS4 release to be some amazing adventure heretofore unseen, and Knack is not that. So I think some people come down hard on it for that reason, while overlooking how fun it is. Maybe in a few years, they'll revisit it and decide it was actually one of the finest launch titles... or maybe not. In any event, I wanted to let people know not to overlook it if they're into the sort of experience Knack delivers, because it definitely delivers it well.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.