Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > ThoughtFool1's Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse review

This thread is in response to a review for Castle of Illusion starring Mickey Mouse on the Sega Master System. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: November 10, 2013 (10:32 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Never really agreed with the categorical style of game reviews, though it does make me a bit nostalgic. I like that you put your own spin on it and cover a more tailored rubric. Still, you could probably hack away at a few to only cover the most essential information. Keep dishing these out and this simplification will come naturally, I think.

board icon
Author: ThoughtFool1
Posted: November 11, 2013 (06:18 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Ah yes, the sectioned review was certainly par for the course when I was growing up and really heavy into games and reading reviews for them. I think that, opposite of most people nowadays, I try to focus on giving as comprehensive and fair of a review as possible rather than composing a fun, entertaining piece. Since I realize that I may write some dry stuff, I try to section it off so that whomever reads the review can skip to the parts they feel are the most important and get what they want out of what I wrote.

Anyways, that is the reasoning behind keeping a sectioned review...but honestly its probably just because that is what I was used to reading when I grew up and what I started off as using when I reviewed a fair bit of games way back in my youth. I appreciate the feed back, I will certainly try to cut some of the fluff down while keeping the substance.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.