Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > BLAH_Or_blah's EVE Online: The Second Genesis review

This thread is in response to a review for EVE Online: Second Genesis on the PC. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: drella
Posted: September 12, 2008 (11:52 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This would have been a lot better review if you spent more time talking about what you liked about the game rather than just rebutting complaints, because simple rebuttals and insinuations that you need to be a "real man" to understand this game aren't going to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you. I mean, you could be completely right. All these points could be true. But this isn't really a smart approach to take if your real goal is to convince people to play EVE (but that isn't your real goal. Your goal is to insinuate DoI is a dumbass that didn't play the game correctly, though I don't really care whether that's true or not if you can't make your own case for this game and better explain it).

So this could be a great rebuttal for all I know (and could have been posted in a feedback topic such as this). But it's a fairly lousy review, because its emphasis is completely misplaced on attacking an existing review, not reviewing the actual game.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: BLAH_Or_blah
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:08 PM)

Meh. Accomplished what I wanted to.

No.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:10 PM)

Not really. I'm still just as likely, if not more likely, to believe DoI's review because this is a simple attack piece. It casts some doubt over DoI's opinion, but not too well because the "test your manhood" approach comes across as the exact opposite, childish, and the review doesn't do much else (like describe the good parts of the game that come after you've been so patient with the system).

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:17 PM)

Assumptions are dangerous. I would have expected better.

If I wanted to make an advertising piece, I would make an advertising piece. You have failed to realize that simple fact. I wrote for a purpose, that purpose was met.

No.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:19 PM)

Well, congrats, but if people can't even tell what your purpose is I think it's also assumptive to say you accomplished it.

Sorry this dialog hasn't been meeting your expectation. It's mutual.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:32 PM)

It's ok, I too can come off as a pretentious ass.

Have a nice day.

No.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:40 PM)

Thanks.

I uploaded your 100x100 blog avatar so you can also use it on the message boards. Just click on that goofy default cheetos icon next to your posts, select 100x100, and find it. It should be on page 8/70.

Have a nice day too.

board icon
Posted: September 12, 2008 (12:48 PM)

Word, thanks.

No.

board icon
Author: dragoon_of_infinity
Posted: September 12, 2008 (01:43 PM)

Hee hee.

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: September 12, 2008 (02:10 PM)

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce BLAH or Blah, the internet's most lovable ass.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 12, 2008 (02:17 PM)

XD Well, there's no lack of amusement, that's for sure.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: espiga
Posted: September 13, 2008 (04:42 AM)

Welcome to HG, internet's most lovable ass. I don't get what you're trying to accomplish with this review. It doesn't really say anything except "This game is hard and if you don't like it go back to WoWLolololol," an argument that doesn't really affect anyone here since barely anyone on HG plays WoW (as far as I'm aware anyway). So, since I'm apparently clueless on the subject, what were you trying to accomplish?

Your girlfriend's name ends in .jpg

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: September 13, 2008 (03:04 PM)

I'm not certain if this was his intent, but Blah has highlighted an interesting inconsistency in HG's userbase; the people here seem far more eager to argue over a bad review than comment on a good one.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: September 13, 2008 (03:08 PM)

That's not a flaw: that's human nature.

Besides, you get all your EmP-feedback offsite via a never-ending slew of AIMs.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 13, 2008 (03:34 PM)

What Will says is kind of true... it's kind of depressing, but oh well. That's what AIM's for, I guess.

Actually, getting feedback at all on this site is kind of a miracle in and of itself. >_> Usually that's done through contests, RotWs and the like.

That's why I actually think it was a good thing that people could leave feedback for their own reviews - that way they could ask for feedback on their reviews. But, then again, people would often just be annoying with that...

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: September 14, 2008 (12:02 AM)

My intent won't be divulged. It's how I work, really.

*Goes back to his popcorn (no seriously, that's not a sarcastic remark on watching my topic grow without my aid, I really do have popcorn, and it is delish) munch munch*

No.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.