Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Ghost House review

This thread is in response to a review for Ghost House on the Sega Master System. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 31, 2013 (04:24 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Don't you just love how games you adored as a kid are so different as an adult? In the first paragraph, there's nothing after "ever-loving", unless you intended to do that for dramatic effect.

So do you actually own the master system, or are you playing these on ROM? Good review that emphasizes the difficulty in an entertaining way. I also enjoyed the imagery you conjured up in describing the house.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 31, 2013 (07:48 AM)

The ever-loving was intentional. I was actually going to add a McMuffin after it, but changed my mind.

I currently don't own a Master System, though, just a small collection of games. I've always wanted to rebuy one, for the fact that it was a memorable part of my younger childhood days, but just never got around to it. I'm more a fan of playing games on their original intended system/platform, for the authentic feel, but if I know a game well enough, I'll do the latter, purchase a download version, or play it off a compilation for a refresher.

Thanks for reading.

board icon
Author: ThoughtFool1
Posted: October 31, 2013 (10:38 AM)

I suppose that this is one game I'll skip on my quest to discover the SMS.

Nice play / juxtaposition on the "in no time" phrase by the way.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: October 31, 2013 (06:39 PM)

Ah, the SMS is certainly more of a nostalgia trip than anything else, at least for me. I was more than surprised at how bad some games actually were when I tried replaying them a decade after they originally came out. But the system definitely has its gems, and maybe you'll have a more enlightening experience than me. You've certainly livened up the SMS section with your reviews, at least.

board icon
Author: ThoughtFool1
Posted: November 01, 2013 (11:34 AM)

Why thank you :)

I'm actually semi-surprised with the SMS so far...I mean I'm trying to pick and choose the higher rated games, but from what I can tell the SMS is an unappropriated unappreciated system.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JedPress
Posted: November 01, 2013 (01:33 PM)

How is the music in this game?

I find a lot of SMS music quite charming. For example, I prefer the music in the SMS version of Fantasy Zone to that of the arcade version.

board icon
Posted: November 01, 2013 (07:35 PM)

It's not bad, and there's only two themes. They have a spooky catchiness to them, but due to the difficulty, the dramatic one that plays for the Dracula fights gets annoying.

Though, if I were to compare it to Fantasy Zone's soundtrack, it definitely pales.

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.