Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's The Mansion of Hidden Souls review

This thread is in response to a review for The Mansion of Hidden Souls on the Saturn. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 30, 2013 (12:55 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wait, so...they made a markedly similar game for Sega CD? I played this on Sega Saturn, and it's weird, but...I found the game strangely mysterious. Perhaps it was impressionable age (I was roughly 9-10 years old), but the tinny, hollow voiceovers creeped me out, and the disturbing laughing by a particular girl set me over the edge. I never did beat the game, but I have vivid memories of playing it.

Also, if you've played a fair amount of Sega Saturn, I'm trying to figure out the name of this other game I played all the time. It was about this, like, source marine, and he was red in color. You controlled him as he went around shooting guns at things. It had a mechanic which entailed a stopping and pivoting shooting style, and it was semi top down point of view. Ring any bells? For the LIFE of me, I can't find out what that game was, but I remember the images like it was yesterday.

board icon
Posted: October 30, 2013 (01:48 AM)

So talking about that game again, I did some research and reviewed a list of American Saturn games. Turns out the game was Crusader: No Remorse. Wow, memory lane for sure watching Youtube videos of that game.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 30, 2013 (03:13 AM)

Yeah, I had a review up for the first game prior to this review. I provided a link in the first paragraph (predecessor), if you wanna see that one, I guess.

Crusader is one of the games I haven't tried out yet for the Saturn. Never got around to it. I was going to purchase the game and its sequel on gog.com, but never got around to that, as well.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 30, 2013 (06:39 AM)

I adored Crusader: No Remorse back in the day. I managed to nab a super cheap copy on release as the shop I worked for at the time over-ordered like mad, so got it below cost then played it like crazy. Oddly, what I remember the most is the internal e-mail system you could browse in between missions and catch up with the base's gossip, and there being this huge long-running argument about a joke someone made about a butcher shop chicken and how it made no sense.

Always been scared to offer a reply to keep nostalgia intact.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: October 30, 2013 (12:58 PM)

Yeah, the game seemed so ahead of its time. Glad someone else besides me has memories of it. :D

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.