Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Clock Tower 3 review

This thread is in response to a review for Clock Tower 3 on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 25, 2013 (05:30 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Fantastic review, Joe. I'm curious, are there any puzzles in this game? Seems like there would be, similar to most other "horror" games. Makes you wonder how they nailed the early scene, only to bumble through the atmosphere of the rest.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 25, 2013 (10:20 PM)

Thanks Miyamoto!

There are some puzzles, but almost all of them involving finding an item to place in a conspicuous slot. Some of the items are pretty obvious, too, though there were some that required a little extra scouring and exploration. You either find them in the course of the campaign or spot them via cliche twinkle. The only one that I recall differing was one that involved going through a mirror into a "reflected" world. IIRC, tinkering with something there altered the real world.

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 28, 2013 (03:42 AM)

That's pretty much what I assumed. I'd like to play the original some time and see how it fares. The de-evolution of the scissors man, by the way, is sad. Haha.

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: December 24, 2013 (08:23 AM)

If you made that Scissorman comparison picture, you rock. If you stole it, you rock a little bit less.

I missed this in your horror game review glut, which is a shame because this game has been on my "get around to" list forever. 1996's Clocktower is horror's second best kept gaming secret,so I always assumed more of the same. Guess not. Guess really, really not.

Good review -- it's fair in that it admits when the game nails horrific moments (that dead girl in the opening paragraph does sound like powerful stuff) just as the silly cut scene sound horrifyingly pantomime. Excellent stuff.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: December 29, 2013 (09:39 AM)

I actually did make it, using a collage website. But I stole the pictures, so I guess I 75% rock or something?

Thanks for reading!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.