Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Demon's Crest review

This thread is in response to a review for Demon's Crest on the SNES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 11, 2013 (06:45 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This was a great game that I keep meaning to come back to for some unfinished business. There was one thing I didn't like about it...the bash the skull mini-game. And so I never got two of the items that determines the final level and the endboss and never got the best ending. Someday, I'd like to do that.

board icon
Author: yamishuryou
Posted: October 11, 2013 (07:58 AM)

Those last two lines make me expect it. I mean, Breath of Fire VI on mobile? WTF.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: October 11, 2013 (09:04 AM)

And I can only imagine how "great" a modern Gargoyle's Quest game would go.

Three hours of cinema focusing on how badly Firebrand is angsting over having to fight his fellow demons because it's all leading up to a huge battle with his brother, who's the final bosses main general. Followed by a bizarre "faux-retro" ending where after beating the final boss, in the best ending, he magically is transformed into Arthur to set up the beginning of Ghosts and Goblins.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: yamishuryou
Posted: October 11, 2013 (09:17 AM)

An Uwe Boll movie could have a better plot.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: October 11, 2013 (11:28 PM)

Thank you for reading, both of you!

BoF VI was the game I was mostly indicating at the end, but I've noticed some other franchises have been releasing mobile-only games as well (most of which, like Final Fantasy IV: The After Years, aren't worth a damn).

Honestly, I hope Capcom--should they miraculously decide to release another Firebrand game--decides to go the Mega Man 9/10 route. You know, develop a whole new game with retro graphics and release it on digital platforms like PSN or Steam. It isn't likely, of course, but one can wish...

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.