Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > honestgamer's Disney Infinity review

This thread is in response to a review for Disney Infinity on the Wii U. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 22, 2013 (09:23 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Wow, not to score hound, but how does that review garner a 5? That sounds like one of the most awful gaming experiences you've had this summer, Jason, and I'm sorry you had to go through it.

I just picked up a WiiU, and was aware that games are fairly limited. I got mine for a (ZELDA) very specific (ZELDA) reason (ZELDA) and so I'm pretty happy with it (ZELDA) and also picked up NintendoLand to tie off the deal, but I'm thinking mostly that I'll end up rebuying my old collection that I got rid of when I sold my Wii (Umbrella Chronicles, Zack and Wiki, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, etc etc etc).

I do still have the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Goldeneye Wii, and I do want to pick up Donkey Kong Country Returns. Was that WiiU only? I don't think so...

ANYWAY, this review is a sad statement of the Wii's current library, which (when I was at gamestop picking it up) seems dominated by this kind of lackaluster effort.

One error I spotted:
"I’d complaining more about a bunch of little things that bothered me about the Monsters University campaign, but that’s just a small segment of the game."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 22, 2013 (09:35 AM)

I've had a mostly fantastic summer of gaming, so sure, this could well be the worst game I've played all summer... but what made it disappointing is that it felt so thoroughly average. It is the poster child for a 5/10 rating. Mind you, a lot of people don't agree and seem to love the heck out of it. More power to 'em!

The Wii U library has a bunch of great stuff. People apply a special rule to Wii U games: "If it's on another system, it's a crap effort for Wii U." There is no basis for this line of thinking whatsoever. Wii U versions of older games come with additional content and sometimes even better graphics, plus there are a bunch of titles that released on Wii U at the same time as they did other hardware (for example, Injustice and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist). Besides that, there are titles like New Super Mario Bros. U and Pikmin 3 and LEGO City Undercover, games that range from good to great and offer a nice level of diversity that any system needs.

You have a Wii U now, so I don't have to sell you on the system, but I hope you'll take a deeper look at its current library and I hope you'll pay attention to its future lineup, which is looking even better. And yeah, the fact that it plays any Wii games without issue is also a nice bonus.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 22, 2013 (01:57 PM)

Games Zipp should buy on Wii U so that we can play them together:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper

Also, a special shout-out to The Wonderful 101, which seems pretty wonderful so far. If there's a must-buy Wii U game this year, that seems to be up in the running alongside Zelda and Monster Hunter 3.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.