Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Resident Evil 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Resident Evil 2 on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 01, 2013 (04:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Mr X was so cool. RE:2 is still one of my favorites of the series, and none of the others have felt quite as fleshed out. The whole "play through the game twice" worked extremely well, even when it had no right to--if you think about it, it's the kind've thing we complain about today: reused environments. But I guess it's what made it stand out: going back through those environments was fun because you saw the situation decay. It really was like being in a zombie film. And playing the second player, you're out of the police station later than the first scenario, which means you have this nasty feeling of being left behind.

Great stuff. It's never gotten quite as good as that.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 04, 2013 (02:20 PM)

Thanks, Zipp. Playing through it twice didn't bother me that much, honestly. I guess because there's enough different to keep it interesting. Which is more or less what you were saying anyway, just in different words.

Mr. X scares the crap out of me, I think more than any other enemy in that game (except maybe lickers). I think it's because he's just so huge and deadly, even if he is slow.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: October 28, 2013 (03:51 AM)

I actually played through this for the first time within the last 6 months. Believe it or not, I now consider it one of the my favorite games of all time. It withstood the test of time for sure. Your imagery in this review is spot-on. Dread is exactly what I felt as I made my way through it. The sound effects, in particular, are to me what makes the game what it is. Just a horrifying, lonely experience of a game. Exactly how you want to feel playing a horror game.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.