Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Silent Hill HD Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Silent Hill HD Collection on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 31, 2013 (05:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, I'm playing this right now! Haven't been able to get far BECAUSE it is an emotionally distressing game and I've been dealing with too much stress at work to want to add more!

board icon
Author: maboroshi
Posted: September 04, 2013 (06:39 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

there have been precious few games that have made me go "okay i need to put the controller down now" and Silent hill 2 is one of them, the only other ones that i can think of right now are "to the moon" and "spec ops: the line". Personally i consider SH2 and 3 to be excellent companions to each other,

SH2 focuses highly on the quiet and psychological kind of horror that i love, it's a very demure game, the otherworld isn't "dirty" it's very drab, subdued, subtle and sterile.

SH3 on the other hand is a bit more in your face, everything is disgustingly filthy and loud and the "industrial" aesthetic is turned up to 11.

if anything SH3 has to be commended for it's for giving the main character a personality though. Heather is much more appealing as a main character than James Sunderland

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.