Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > wolfqueen001's Earthworm Jim review

This thread is in response to a review for Earthworm Jim on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: WilltheGreat
Posted: September 09, 2008 (10:37 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A fitting review for an epic Genesis game. Groovy indeed, WQ. Groovy indeed.

"Either, sir, you're an ass or masquerading as one."
- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: September 10, 2008 (02:12 PM)

Thanks, Will. I appreciate it.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: September 10, 2008 (05:23 PM)

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Posted: September 10, 2008 (05:36 PM)

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: September 10, 2008 (05:38 PM)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :3

_

board icon
Posted: September 10, 2008 (08:28 PM)

Group hug!

- Nero Wolfe

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: October 25, 2009 (10:40 AM)

NITPICKS: There’s a double line break after the second paragraph.

Paragraph five: It’s not so much Jim’s head that’s used as it is Jim the Earthworm himself.

Paragraph nine: It kind of fits, but did you mean scored with a whip? Sounds a little odd.

Otherwise, I still hold this up to be one of your best reviews, The quick-fire short paragraphs work well when describing the offbeat scenarios and you really nail the goofy ambience which drives the game on. Perhaps more could be made of the title’s unforgiving difficulty, and after all the praise an 8 feels too low (because 8/10 is apparently a low score these days) , but it’s clever and tidy writing about a title not overly easy to describe. Great job.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: October 25, 2009 (11:39 AM)

haha. Alright. The line break error I fixed (to my great relief because in the edit menu, it didn't look like an actual line break error...), but the others I'm leaving because modifying Jim's head to Jim himself with the whip thing would ruin the flow of the writing since I'd have to add more in. Besides, who other than you and anyone with the keenest eye will be able to tell such a thing in the game? =P

You may have a point about the word "score", but it should also be remembered that "to score" also means "to strike". Using a different word there might therefore also ruin the flow of the writing, and I don't want to do that. Call it "artistic license". =P Hahahaha.

Anyway, thanks! I'm glad you still really like this one. I did write it for your birthday last year after all, so that it turned to be a "worthy gift" (I hope! I mean, it is still a review.... lol), makes me happy. I really wanted it to be my best (or at least close to it) for you. So I'm really glad it seems to be.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.