Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Milon's Secret Castle review

This thread is in response to a review for Milon's Secret Castle on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 07, 2008 (10:01 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That was a great review! I would say that it's one of your most memorable. I liked how you wove all of that gameplay dissection into your overall narrative about the battle with the great skeletal beast.

Though... I didn't catch the Alice's Restaurant reference. That is one longass song!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: September 07, 2008 (04:32 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks a lot! I forced my friend in question to read it last night and liked it too, especially since it jogged his memory on how my game DID crash after I finally beat the skeleton after an ungodly number of attempts. You reviewed this game.....do you remember that frickin' thing and how it just shelled the room with his bullets? And you fight him right after that tough boss (the sixth one I mentioned for one paragraph) that you have to descend through the ice corridor where the tiles melt under your feet and you have to pray you don't lose too much life waiting to hit the bottom.

Oh, as for the Alice's Restaurant reference, a good ways into the song, he mentions Alice and ad libs "Remember Alice? It's a song about Alice", which was funny because while the song was named after her, he'd gone minutes without mentioning her. So, since I started with talking about the skeleton, but hadn't mentioned it for 4-5 paragraphs, I found it fitting. Even if Arlo never really mentions Alice again until the end of the song, while I deluge readers with non-stop skeleton references towards the end!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.