Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > Win a $100 Amazon gift certificate for writing my favorite reader review in February

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 21, 2013 (01:12 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hello, site contributors!

I don't know if you've noticed, but this month to date we have had only 4 reader reviews contributed. That's... not enough. We used to enjoy that many submissions each week, if not more. So I'd like to do something about it, and the idea that occurred to me is: spend money!

Specifically, I will award an Amazon gift certificate to the person who contributes my favorite reader review this month. The four reviews already posted will be eligible, along with any other reviews that are submitted before the site's local date switches to March 1st. That gives you right around a week to get busy writing and submitting.

There is no limit to how many times you can enter. Each review is essentially an entry, and you can submit as many reviews as you like. Just keep in mind that quality is key. Staff will only approve an entry--thus making it eligible--if it adheres to the site's usual standards. Mind your spelling, your grammar, and your structure. Back up your points. You're welcome to submit reviews for the contest that you've also submitted elsewhere, but you must be the original author of the review(s) in question.

Entrants must be 18 or older, or have consent of a parent or legal guardian. This impromptu contest is void where prohibited. The gift certificate will be awarded from Amazon.com within one month of the selection of a winner, and you will need to provide your email address if you win so that I can send the gift certificate. Your name as it appears here on the site will be announced in the event that you are the winner. If you submit reader review content this month and would like to be excluded from this contest, please just post in this thread to indicate as much.

Finally, the winner chosen is completely up to me. There's no magic trick here. Just write awesome reviews. I'll be looking for amazing writing, but you can potentially improve your chances by covering a hot new title that interests me, or maybe an obscure but interesting retro game I know almost nothing about, or an indie title that you feel deserves attention, or... well, there are a lot of possibilities!

You can track current contributions posted by readers in February right here. Good luck to you all!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: February 22, 2013 (03:50 AM)

So, no need to post the review here? It's just automatically entered when submitted?

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: February 22, 2013 (12:36 PM)

Correct. You should post in this thread if you don't want to be considered eligible. Otherwise, I'll consider all reader reviews from the period.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.