Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Official RotW Topic 2013

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: December 29, 2012 (05:15 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Well, the New Year is almost upon us, so I better get this done now. Everything is still the same since the last update. If anyone wants to judge full-time or permanently take my place, please let me know and I'll gladly throw you in the schedule.

Before I post all the rules and the new schedule, I'd like to thank all of you who have made this event possible. Especially the current judges who have stuck with this for as long as they have.

The Rules:

1: All reviews submitted during a given week are eligible for RotW.

2: An RotW will always take place provided there is at least one review submitted for that week. A writer shouldn't be punished just because no one else submitted for a given week.

3: Neither Zig's nor Masters's nor Felix's reviews will be counted in RotW. You're all very boring.

4: All judges have until Wednesday morning of the following week to post their topics. If they can't meet this deadline, then appropriate notice should be given, preferably a few days in advance if possible.

5: RotW topic makers should post the dates of their respective week in the topic title so as to prevent confusion when someone wants to go back and re-read that topic.

6: Winning reviews will be marked featured the next day.

The judges:
OD
holdthephone
Joe

Substitutes:
zippdementia
wolfqueen

If I missed anyone in either list let me know and I'll update accordingly.

Thanks to everyone who’s been keeping this going. I really appreciate it and hope you can all continue to do this in the future.

The Schedule:

January:

31 Dec - 05 Jan -- Overdrive
06 - 12 -- Joe
13 - 19 -- WQ
20 - 26 -- Overdrive

February:

27 Jan - 02 Feb -- Joe
03 - 09 -- WQ
10 - 16 -- Overdrive
17 - 23 -- Joe

March:

24 Feb - 02 March -- WQ
03 - 09 -- Overdrive
10 - 16 -- Joe
17 - 23 -- Joe
24 - 30 -- Overdrive

April:

31 Mar - 06 Apr -- Joe
07 - 13 -- holdthephone
14 - 20 -- Overdrive
21 - 27 - Joe

May:

28 Apr - 04 May -- holdthephone
05 - 11 -- Overdrive
12 - 18 -- Joe
19 - 25 -- holdthephone

June:

26 May - 01 Jun -- Overdrive
02 - 08 -- Joe
09 - 15 -- holdthephone
16 - 22 -- Overdrive
23 - 29 -- Joe

July:

30 Jun - 06 Jul -- holdthephone
07 - 13 -- Overdrive
14 - 20 -- Joe
21 - 27 -- holdthephone

August:

28 Jul - 03 Aug -- Overdrive
04 - 10 -- Joe
11 - 17 -- holdthephone
18 - 24 - Overdrive
25 - 31 - Joe

September:

01 - 07 -- holdthephone
08 - 14 -- Overdrive
15 - 21 -- Joe
22 - 28 -- holdthephone

October:

29 Sep - 05 Oct -- Overdrive
06 - 12 -- Joe
13 - 19 -- holdthephone
20 - 26 -- Overdrive

November:

27 Oct - 02 Nov -- Joe
03 - 09 -- holdthephone
10 - 16 -- Overdrive
17 - 23 -- Joe
24 - 30 -- holdthephone

December:

01 - 07 -- Overdrive
08 - 14 -- Joe
15 - 21 -- holdthephone
22 - 28 -- Overdrive

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: December 29, 2012 (02:31 PM)

I'll sign in as a substitute. Got to keep this going!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: January 03, 2013 (03:54 AM)

Can someone sticky this please and take off the old one? Thanks.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: January 03, 2013 (09:57 AM)

Never!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: February 11, 2013 (04:45 PM)

Hey, guys.

I know it's late notice, but can someone cover my week? I'm going to be unexpectedly busy this week, so probably won't get it done until much later. If no one can do it, that's fine; just know it might be later than usual.

Thanks,

board icon
Author: Fiddlesticks
Posted: February 12, 2013 (04:37 PM)

I'm a qualified expert in this type of shiznit. I'll do it.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Posted: April 15, 2013 (03:12 PM)

I'm not dead... so I will plan on trying to get mine out by Wedsnesday. However, I'm really strapped for time and motivation to do this anymore, so if anyone wants to take over my spot, please let me know. I really don't want to have to cut the rotation pool down to two, as that would be too much work for either Joe or OD, and, frankly, is unfair to both.

Thanks.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: April 16, 2013 (03:25 PM)

I got you.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Posted: April 16, 2013 (05:01 PM)

Awesome. Thanks for doing this so quickly. Does this mean you want to take over for the duration of the year, too?

board icon
Posted: April 19, 2013 (03:23 PM)

Eh, probably.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Posted: April 22, 2013 (06:19 PM)

Heh. Okay, well, I'll schedule you in for the year, but if you change your mind, let someone know. I'll still be fluttering around but probably not enough to catch something like this in time.

Anyway, thanks again.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 11, 2013 (09:59 AM)

Hey, if one of our additional spare RotWers wants to do me upcoming one (ie: the one covering this week's worth of reviews), I'd be much obliged.

Things are still hectic with being shorthanded at work and I'm swamped, so if I do it, it might wind up being a week late again and I'd rather avoid that sort of shenanigan if possible.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: May 14, 2013 (02:39 PM)

I'll get around to it.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Posted: September 20, 2013 (12:30 PM)

So, for this past week, only Pickhut submitted a review, so yeah, no point in doing an actual topic just to give him a win over imaginary voices in my head.

Does his review get bumped up to this week's stuff (where at least I'VE been busy!!!!) or what? Not fair to really screw a potential winning review over because it was the only one submitted during a week, at least in my mind.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 20, 2013 (12:57 PM)

In that case, yes, the review would be moved to the next week... but there's still time for more people to contribute this week and Saturday often sees a new contribution come through. I see your review just went live, so all we need is at least one more contributor!

Yeah... our flow of reviews lately is anemic. I'll be doing what I can to improve that once I have better resources and more gears in proper motion.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: September 20, 2013 (01:02 PM)

Oh, I mean for my doing ROTW week of Sept 8-14, as Pick was the only person who submitted anything that week. I did see my two reviews now brings this week up to three reviews by two people, so that's progress!

And I'll have another one next week, since I didn't have time to finish my X-Men Legends II one.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: September 25, 2013 (12:43 AM)

I was going to suggest combining your week with phone's, OD. That way you should have enough unique names, I think.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.