Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW - Oct. 28 to Nov. 3, 2012

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: November 09, 2012 (10:33 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Apologies for the lateness. My brain's still stuck in the four-person rotation, so I forgot this was my week. Whoops!

Ineligible this week is my review for Zoda's Revenge. Damn…

Of the six contestants and nine reviews that are eligible, these three won MY ELITE RECOGNITION!!!

THIRD: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days by AllyDoig

It was really tough to pick the third place, so I went with the criteria of who was most effectively forceful with their opinions. And this won. You do a great job of dissecting this title, bashing the crap out of it, but doing so in effective ways like how you mention the way the guns don't fire according to real-life science; how the main characters are distasteful psychos and other things that most anyone would agree are real big flaws in a game like this.

SECOND:

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: November 09, 2012 (11:39 AM)

I assume you meant to link to EmP's review, not Suskie's?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Posted: November 10, 2012 (07:06 AM)

You would be correct. Apparently, I didn't copy over everything from my last RotW. Derp...

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 11, 2012 (02:29 AM)

Bar har har. Thanks OD!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: November 11, 2012 (05:57 AM)

haha. The review link still links to Suskie's review.

Thanks for doing this, OD.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: November 11, 2012 (08:21 PM)

I think it's a big put on, aimed at EmP.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: November 11, 2012 (11:52 PM)

The truth is if you reflect EmP's review in a mirror, take a video of it, project a live stream of that video on the hide of a zebra, then stand upside down, you will actually see Suskie's Dishonored review.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: November 12, 2012 (03:54 PM)

Okay...I corrected that, as well.

Now, my spirit utterly broken, I will take my leave of this place until tomorrow or so.

TOMORROW!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.