Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > bigcj34's Pokemon Blue review

This thread is in response to a review for Pokemon Blue on the Game Boy. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: October 23, 2012 (10:12 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Pretty well written and informative. I didn't know too much about the actual setting of Pokemon and its relation to a region in Japan.

Anyway, it does get a bit list like and wordy at times. I do the same thing when talking about games I know way too much about. Takes some discipline, but cutting back would help here, I think.

Also, this part towards the end threw me off a bit:

"Single-player battles may be easy for the most part, although friends teams can add a challenge, but the often mundane and repetitive training battles just feel very rewarding. The art of catching 150 Pokémon in a game that deliberately doesn’t make it easy is ultimately satisfying as the player. Hours of laborious levelling and Pokédex filling feel very rewarding, in a way an action packed platform game does not manage."

Maybe it can be reworded more clearly?

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: bigcj34
Posted: October 24, 2012 (07:01 AM)

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that, looking back it's not the best I've done with probably too much hard fact and not enough analysis.

It's what happens when I've been largely absent from the reviewing biosphere for the last three years, mainly due to university but now i've graduated. I've got a backlog of games to review that I played when working and travelling in the US over the summer so stay tuned. Definitely recommend netbooks for long bus journeys!

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

board icon
Author: bigcj34
Posted: November 05, 2012 (04:47 PM)

Edited. Took a while to edit, word efficiency goes a long way! Plenty of games to review now, so stay tuned.

There three types of people in this world: those who can count, and those who can't.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.