Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Roto13's Sonic Adventure 2 review

This thread is in response to a review for Sonic Adventure 2 on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: October 11, 2012 (07:34 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Good to know this port doesn't share the same issue that bothered Jet Set Radio, and it's a shame they didn't find a way to incorporate the "on the go" Chao raising. Having them grow at a slower rate does sound like a nuisance, though, it's the one aspect I never really latched to on the Dreamcast, since my VMU batteries would run out so quickly...

Pretty good, informative review you got here, too! Sonic Adventure 2 was one of my fonder memories of playing on the Dreamcast, and it helped soothe the pain of knowing the system was going to be dead a few months after its release.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: October 11, 2012 (09:05 PM)

I didn't spend a lot of time raising Chao on a VMU either. Those batteries died in like a day if you it a lot. The GBA compatibility in the GameCube version was pretty sweet, though, since you were basically transferring Chao to a whole other Sonic game.

---

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: October 12, 2012 (10:54 AM)

I really got a lot of this game on the gamecube, clocking something ridiculous for the title, like 100 hours of gameplay or some such nonsense You've done a really good job of summarizing the fun and fails of the game, especially with the Rogue and Knuckles levels. Those would actually have been my favorite levels (they had the most variety, the best music, and the replayability always led to me discovering new little nooks and crannies) except for the two issues you point out which make them my most HATED levels:

You can't point the camera up
Score is a matter of luck

While trying to unlock the Green Hill Zone, the second issue just becomes maddeningly frustrating, and not being able to point the camera up ws a huge problem when most of the items are hidden ABOVE OR BELOW you. I think there was one level in space where this was especially maddening because everything was above or below you and you just had to memorize where it all was.

I do think the Chao would kill this port for me. I spent so many hours raising those damn things that I don't think I could stomache doing it again, slower.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.