Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Kenshiru's The Terminator review

This thread is in response to a review for The Terminator on the Sega CD. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: September 27, 2012 (09:28 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That's weird. Just last week I went on a massive nostalgia trip with the soundtrack for Advent Rising, which was composed by none other than Tommy Tallarico. I wasn't aware of anything else he'd done, but his work on that game alone was enough to convince me that he's a genius. I'd recommend this track. Or this one. Hell, just listen to the whole thing. It's exactly as you describe the soundtrack for this Terminator game: music that tells a story. (Unfortunately, Advent Rising itself is a mess of a game, but the amazing music goes a long way in giving it redeeming value.)

I really, really liked this review, mainly for that unexpected but powerful angle you took at the end. I doubt I'll ever give this game a try (I'm not much of a retro guy), but thanks for the music recs and the engaging read!

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 28, 2012 (10:09 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yeah, Suskie, the tracks in the Sega Terminator are really effin' good!

For a moment I thought this was a review of the NES Terminator and I was feeling obligated to burn it with acid fire, but then I realized you were talking, quite intelligently and compellingly, about what is probably the only good Terminator game on the market.

Which is kinda insane, that we haven't seen a remake of some of these games.

Thank you for those links, by the way. I'm going to have to rip those.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.