Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Fans Criticize Dead or Alive 5 Boobage

This thread is in response to an article about Dead or Alive 5 on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 27, 2012 (06:04 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

This is a sad, but predictable, day in gaming. Although, not really, because I don't think anyone ever played DoA for the complex fighting system.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 27, 2012 (06:24 PM)

I actually like playing the DoA games for its non-complicated fighting system. I always saw the fan service as a silly element that seemed more like a running gag.

But this... this is actually an absurd thing to complain about. There's more to the games than just giant, jiggly body parts. If they want that, there's always those weird Xtreme games to play...

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: September 27, 2012 (08:24 PM)

What I don't understand is the attraction to cartoonishly large tits. Puts me in the minority of men out there, and perhaps this makes me sounds creepy, but I appreciate the smaller breasts out there!

But it's equally shallow on my part to say I'd like to see smaller breasts on a character, isn't it? So I wont judge anyone for wanting a prettier character, even if it's based on whatever horrible tastes they have. Should be the artist's call, really. And I really respect TN as probably the best 3d modelers and animators in the fighting game industry.

I actually picked up DoA5 today and the fighting system has actually fixed of all the problems the series was criticized of before, and it can be quite complex should you choose to explore it. The game is just stupidly sexy in motion, and it would be considerably worse if the characters weren't equally so.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: Mandy
Posted: September 28, 2012 (06:05 AM)

Women come in ALL shapes and sizes. Some even have "cartoonishly large tits" because they were born that way! Equal representation for women is important, yes.

The problem is more than just the size, though. Clearly.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 28, 2012 (07:46 AM)

I remember an incident a month or so ago in a live stream where the caster was playing a game with a female character that had an unusual chest shape for a video game character. A person in chat stated that something like that would never exist in real life, which I thought was hilarious, so I replied by saying that she looked pretty normal to me. I was then declared as having never seen a woman's chest in my life. I wanted to facepalm so hard. I guess said person was accustomed to focusing on one type of woman x_X.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: September 28, 2012 (09:30 AM)

@armanda: I suppose I was referring to the physics and not just the size. Or, "cartoonish" as in tits don't roll like the ocean every time a step is taken, lol.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 28, 2012 (10:07 AM)

... unless they are filled with helium!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.