Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Mass Effect Trilogy announced

This thread is in response to an article about Mass Effect Trilogy on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 26, 2012 (12:16 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

See? This is why I waited. I knew it would happen eventually. Pleased that I'll finally be able to join you all in Mass Effect bliss.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: September 26, 2012 (01:04 PM)

Ah, you'll soon understand the horror story that is ME3's ending, zipp.

Nonetheless, you're in for a great series.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: JonDavila
Posted: September 26, 2012 (03:56 PM)

You waited since 2007 because you knew there would be a trilogy box set in 2012?!

twitter.com/butt3r

board icon
Author: Putty
Posted: September 26, 2012 (04:09 PM)

Who are we to deny nostrodamus! It's not like we are ninjas from ninja gaiden

Every piece of putty is your friend

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: September 26, 2012 (04:18 PM)

Holdthephone, as far as I'm concerned, Genesis was a MUCH bigger blight on the series than the ending, and Zipp's impressive display of restraint means he gets to experience ME1's (still brilliant, in my opinion) story in full. After all this waiting, Zipp, I'll be genuinely interested to hear what you think of it.

Have they mentioned whether the ME3 Extended Cut will be included? That actually fixed most of the issues that I had with the ending in the first place, i.e. the plot holes. The actual direction they took, I don't mind at all.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: JonDavila
Posted: September 26, 2012 (04:24 PM)

If Extended Cut weren't included, I'd be surprised.

It's already included on-disc on the Wii U version.

:D

All the other DLC? I doubt it. (Because money.)

twitter.com/butt3r

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 26, 2012 (05:46 PM)

I should explain, JD, that I never owned an Xbox, so I couldn't bring myself to play the series without experiencing that first game. I mean, the series is mostly acclaimed for its story so it seemed silly to remove a third of that story before playing!

I'm no prophet, but I knew eventually they would port the game and I figured it would come around the time that the newer systems were being worked on. It made the most sense from a marketing stand point. Having explained that, I was super excited to see this news come today. It's one thing to "believe" something will happen, and another to see it happen!

I will be sure to review them, Suskie! All I review any more are old games anyway. Weird to think of Mass Effect as an old game, but yeah, there you have it!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.