Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] PlatinumGames Searching for Western Publisher

This thread is in response to an article about Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 25, 2012 (08:38 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Yikes, I didn't think the backlash from the Internet was that bad. But that's the Internet for you, I guess. Hearing that Sega and PG had an awkward relationship doesn't sound surprising, though, especially notable concerning Anarchy Reigns' release.

I'm sure some publisher will pick up the game for a western release, since it's just one of those titles that's generating a lot of buzz and such.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 25, 2012 (08:46 AM)

Which "the game" are you referring to, pickhut? I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't publish Bayonetta 2 in the West and Sega has a western release window for Anarchy Reigns, though I wouldn't put it past them to let me down again.

---

board icon
Posted: September 25, 2012 (09:23 AM)

I was talking about Bayonetta 2. Though it would be nice if NoA did publish the game, it wouldn't be surprising if they would pass on it for being "odd" or not fitting of their family-friendly image. Wouldn't be the first time: Mother 3, Captain Rainbow, etc.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: September 25, 2012 (09:40 AM)

'Hardcore image'? Ugh. I'm sick of internet children.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 25, 2012 (10:14 AM)

I certainly can't blame anyone for being wary of Nintendo's intentions to release Japanese games in the west/North America after cases like Last Window, Another Code R, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, Fatal Frame, etc. this generation. Bayonetta's a pretty different case from Mother 3 and Captain Rainbow, though. Mother 3 never made it over because Earthbound bombed and it was released at the tail end of the GBA's life. Captain Rainbow never left Japan because it's just too weird to have ever been a success. Also Birdo's vibrator. Bayonetta is already more successful than Captain Rainbow would ever have had any hope of being.

---

board icon
Posted: September 25, 2012 (10:27 AM)

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm trying to convey is how NoA and the other branches around the world think their family-friendly and devoted fanbase might perceive the title and, as some might view it, its "raunchy" humor. I want the game to succeed (if it turns out a solid game), but as of now, I guess we'll just have to wait and see how NoA responds to it.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 25, 2012 (07:31 PM)

Yeah, a lot of gamers don't recognize that there's a business behind this whole gaming thing and the words "Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist without Nintendo" is a very sobering reminder of this. Games don't jump consoles just because the developer wants a change of venue. Developers go with who is willing to pay their development costs, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. While I am not extremely excited about a B2 game on the Wii, I'm not going to bash Nintendo for picking up the franchise. I think it looks very good on them, in fact, and I'm happy that Platinum found someone to help them keep doing what they do.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.