Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Bayonetta 2 in development for Wii U

This thread is in response to an article about Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 13, 2012 (04:52 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I... really hope the term "exclusive" is used loosely and this eventually gets ported to other consoles in the future. Because this is, like, the only reason so far for me to get a Wii U.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 13, 2012 (05:04 PM)

Even so, it's still reason enough for me!

Considering it's published by Nintendo, it will probably be loaded with so many Nintendo references that a port wouldn't be feasible.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 13, 2012 (06:40 PM)

The rumour that was floating around some months ago is that Bayonetta 2 had been cancelled by Sega. It seems like Nintendo probably offered to fund it, which means it will most definitely be Wii U exclusive.

So it's either Bayonetta U or no Bayonetta at all.

Also we can't be friends if you're not interested in The Wonderful 101.

---

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: September 13, 2012 (09:28 PM)

Very solid reason for us to be excited for Wii U, but on a broader scale, since the first Bayonetta wasn't a huge mainstream success, this demonstrates that Nintendo is willing to make a serious grab at core audiences. It's a risky, ballsy, and certifiably badass move on their part. Totally out of left field.

Since it's on Wii U, though, I just hope Bayonetta 2 isn't weighed down by gimmicky nonsense. The pointless quick-time events and awful one-off vehicle bits were the only things holding the original game back from being a pitch-perfect actioner, in my mind.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: September 13, 2012 (09:36 PM)

"You want to touch me?"

*rub the touch screen*

---

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: September 13, 2012 (10:35 PM)

I shudder to think of controlling a fast paced action title solely through the use of motion controls. But it is a balsy move and I'm curious to learn more.

Which reminds me: I still need to beat the first Bayonetta.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: September 13, 2012 (11:35 PM)

This has definitely increased my want for a Wii U. Probably still won't happen for a few years after release, though, and by that time Bayonetta 2 will probably be $20.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: September 13, 2012 (11:36 PM)

Remember that Wii U supports a standard controller, and the Gamepad itself is a standard controller by all accounts (like a slightly wider Dreamcast controller, or an Xbox 360 controller with a screen at its center, which amounts to basically the same thing). There's no reason to believe the game will be controlled with the Wii Remote until we hear that from Nintendo or Platinum Games.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zigfried
Posted: September 14, 2012 (04:49 PM)

Very solid reason for us to be excited for Wii U, but on a broader scale, since the first Bayonetta wasn't a huge mainstream success, this demonstrates that Nintendo is willing to make a serious grab at core audiences. It's a risky, ballsy, and certifiably badass move on their part. Totally out of left field.

That being said, even if it wasn't at huge levels, Bayonetta was still one of Sega's most successful games this generation. For Sega to allow their biggest new IP to be a Nintendo exclusive, is a pretty ballsy move on their part too. And also makes me suspect that there's more planned between the two companies in the future.

//Zig

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: September 14, 2012 (09:55 PM)

I just hope it does well on the Wii U, since the last time Sega released M rated games on a Nintendo console, they didn't sell too hot.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: September 14, 2012 (10:35 PM)

Can't embed YouTube videos in forums, eh? Guess I'll just link to it instead.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: Genj
Posted: September 15, 2012 (05:00 AM)

I'm not too annoyed by this announcement because I figured I'd buy a Wii U eventually when a new Zelda, 3D Mario or Monolith's next game came out. I only have two concerns. One that I likely won't be able to play Bayonetta 2 on release. The other that it hopefully won't be bogged down with gimmicky tablet stuff (but I don't see Platinum really doing that).

_

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.