Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Kenshiru's Sengoku Denshou review

This thread is in response to a review for Sengoku Denshou on the Sega CD. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: August 21, 2012 (07:14 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'd reviewed that horrible SNES Sengoku game. Reading this made me read that. Reading that kinda made me cringe. Not horrible, but back then I was a lot more rambling with my reviews a lot of the time. Sounds like I enjoyed the NEO Sengokus a decent bit more than you (at the least, I loved the trippy "go from city streets to mystical cloud worlds" theme), but you probably made a better case for your argument with this review than I did with my GF-exclusive SHORT SECTIONED REVIEW EXTRAVAGANZA for the NEO version.

At the least, your dislike (or at least apathy) towards the NEO version really helped out in making your points against this port. Particularly when you mention that things like defeated foes being sucked into the underworld weren't brought over...that just says "look, one of the few cool things about the game didn't even make it here....WHYYYYY!!!!!"

Good stuff.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.