Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > JoeTheDestroyer's Mystery Quest review

This thread is in response to a review for Mystery Quest on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: August 14, 2012 (05:06 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

That screen shot at the end explains why the music sounds like a cat drowning. The comparison to SMB is totally apt; I didn't really see it before. I was aware of this game and just new that it as pretty bad, but that was about it. After watching a video to refresh myself (as I don't own this), I couldn't help but thinking that the 1st level looked like a child's rendition of SMB's colorful graphics in MS Paint.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: August 17, 2012 (02:31 AM)

I had a hard time nailing down exactly what I didn't like about this game. I played it repeatedly, staying up late and engaging in veritable marathons trying to figure it out. I eventually put a stop to that for fear of my sanity. Yeah, this game is terrible, and I think presentation is part of why. The other part is that it's about as dull as any game can get.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: August 17, 2012 (06:13 PM)

In addition to the Mario-ness, the little seems to be dressed a lot like Link, at least on the cover.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.