Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > dagoss's Castlevania review

This thread is in response to a review for Castlevania on the NES. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 08, 2012 (05:26 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Great review! I realized that about the flea men the last time I played; I stopped trying to kill them and they would just jump over me. Then I'd walk away and eventually they'd be scrolled out of existence. I can make it to Death's Hallway pretty consistently (or at least, could the last time I played) but I've never beaten the Knights there. I think by that point my patience just runs out. Maybe if I could turn off the game and come back to that stage later, but doing it the old school way leaves me jittery by the time I get there. I just don't have the stamina. Hell, the Mega Man games have been hard enough! I can only imagine if you couldn't save anywhere in between the Robot Stages...

... like Mega Man 1, actually.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dagoss
Posted: August 09, 2012 (12:55 PM)

I know exactly what you're talking about! When I make it to that level and I still have holy water, I'm just thinking "don't die; don't die; don't die" and my hands are getting sweaty. If I get through that hallway ("don't die; don't die...") and get to death, I try to be cheap and use the holy water to "freeze" death in place. 70% of the time I fuck it up and die, then let loose a stream of profanity like the AVGN in an alternate reality where Ljn is the only company producing games.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: August 09, 2012 (08:37 PM)

... where LJN is the only company still producing games.

Love you, Dagoss. Love you.

LJN died out painfully and slowly, so they got theirs.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.