Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > BELISARIOS's Rayman review

This thread is in response to an article about on the . You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: August 15, 2008 (08:22 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

hells yes, I have one of those Rayman PC games with the level editor and tons of user-made levels and some of them make the original game a joke by comparison. bunch of true sadists there.

I liked this review and probably would have given it around an 80 if you made it in on time. proofread it again though, and if I were critiquing it I'd probably say it's vague in places. the bit about the trumpets was cool; but using more examples (and more concrete examples, in the case of that eyes paragraph--that got kind of unclear) would really help this review shine, but I still liked it and your point about the art style making you want to keep plowing through the challanges is dead on. it's why I played the hell out of this when I was a kid.

wouldn't feel right not offering a bit of a critique, considering. :P

I liked finding the cages, too, since there were only a few per level and it wasn't on par with the obnoxious collecting that's so pervasive in platformers.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: BELISARIOS
Posted: August 15, 2008 (10:55 PM)

Thank you. I agree with your complaint about the eyes. I was wondering how to make it read better prior to subbing it, but I hadn't settled on a clear manner in which to explain what exactly I was thinking. I'll definitely try to clear that up in the next few days.

Maybe I'll elaborate a few of the examples, too. First I think I want to experience more, though. I know I could have sat on this review a while longer for such a thing, but I chose not to since I had originally intended to submit this for the most recent competition. Technical difficulties (my inept gaming abilities) made that impossible.

It's like jazz music born from the souls of men!

board icon
Author: bluberry
Posted: August 15, 2008 (11:38 PM)

how far have you made it? it's a really hard game, the first world isn't bad at all but it really ramps up by the time you get into Band Land and especially the Blue Mountains.

Oh no, it's a Goomba!

board icon
Author: hmd
Posted: August 15, 2008 (11:52 PM)

There's this girl I know, okay? This girl that I am completely and totally 100% head over heels short of breath every few seconds in love with, alright? I was leaving work this one day when she was there. so we walked past my department (electronics, of which I am its master), hand in hand. So we're walking past the Wii games and she turns to me and says, "Oh my God, James, I remember this game!"

She's pointing excitedly at Rayman: Waving Wabbids for the Wii.

"But I remember the old old Rayman. With the hair and the hands? You know?"

Of course I knew. How could I not fucking know? I mean I know everything about nothing; it is what I am paid to know.

Later, while housesitting for some neighbors, I go through their video game collection (We Love Katamari is great; Oblivion is horrific shit garbage FYI) and discover it:

RAYMAN GREATEST HITS FOR THE SONY PLAYSTATION COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

I take it back home and throw it into my sleek, sexy Playstation 3 (on the exact same day the game is available to download through the Playstation store, coincidentally enough).

Five minutes later I'm wondering what this bull shit is and who is behind it. I uh didn't really like the game all that much. Instead of that, I spent my time listening to Maki Nomiya's sweet voice and finding out that the best way to play Oblivion (besides the obvious snarky answer of "not playing it") is to play some punk rock music via the X-Box 360's custom soundtrack and yell out "SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" to the NPC's who are trying to tell you about some sort of important item hidden in the cave of Obsidian Nareltagoth off the path leading off of Mount Tritanius Galsomswitch.

As for the girl, I haven't seen her in weeks, except for a few glimpses here and there. It's a damn heart-breaking shame and I'd literally murder someone to see her again (okay so maybe not but I'd fuckin' hurt you, dog).

This was a good review. I liked it.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: BELISARIOS
Posted: August 16, 2008 (09:04 PM)

Through the spirits of my deceased ancestors, I miraculously made it to Pencil Pentathlon. The erasers are proving to be menacing.

And thank you, kind HMD. You are so wise.

It's like jazz music born from the souls of men!

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.