Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW: June 17 to June 23 2012

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: June 30, 2012 (07:44 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Sorry this is so late... I've been really busy this last week. Long story short, between my own review, my personal life and my birthday, I've not been online very much.

With that, I apologize if the feedback is less stellar than it usually is, but I wanted to keep it short this time.

THIRD PLACE OD's Pac-Man Review

What I like about this review is the fact that you manage to explain everything I need to know about the game with only as many words as required. I don't feel like I need more information, and I also don't feel as though it needs less. You also add a nostaligic sense to it all that's somewhat relatable -- I myself haven't played the Atari, but I can easily see why someone who has could relate to this. The comparisons to the arcade version as well as Mrs. Pac-Man also add value to my overall picture about this game.

SECOND PLACE: Joe's Titan's Quest Review

This review stuck out the most because of its descriptiveness and engagement, which are common in your reviews, but nevertheless important. I'm a huge fan of mythology so really appreciated this take. It sounds like a rather enjoyable game that I may eventually try out someday assuming I gain access to a better PC.

FIRST PLACE: Suskie's Inversion Review

You do a great job explaining why this game is so mediocre and why its predecessors far outclass it. The way you discuss the gravity features truly make them seem underwhelming compared with what they could have done. Hell, even before you made reference to Half Life's Gravity Gun, I was thinking "This sounds like the gravity gun," which is both a credit to your skill and also the unfortunate flaws the game seems to have. It's a shame the game turned out so poorly, but at least it's playable, I suppose. Great work on the review, though; very engaging.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 30, 2012 (09:49 PM)

Thanks, WQ. I didn't really feel I had much to work with there, so I'm happy to hear it was at least somewhat interesting to read about.

Congrats to the usual suspects, and I hadn't even realized that OD wrote a Pac-Man review this week, so I'm gonna go read it.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: July 01, 2012 (01:24 AM)

Thanks for getting this out, wolf, even if it is late. I mean, it's not like you have a life outside of the net or anything ;)

Thanks for the placement, and congrats to OD and Suskie for their respective placements. Also thanks to Joss Whedon. I saw Avengers today. It was nerdgasmic.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: July 01, 2012 (10:10 AM)

Thanks for the placement and glad you liked the review!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: July 01, 2012 (02:32 PM)

Wrong review, EmP.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 01, 2012 (04:33 PM)

He was just getting a head start on next week's ROTW.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: July 03, 2012 (09:27 AM)

Feature this review?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: July 03, 2012 (06:45 PM)

He did. Staff reviews don't show up in the featured reviews sidebar. You have to hit the Plus or More button to see those.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.