Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > zippdementia's Akane the Kunoichi review

This thread is in response to a review for on the . You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: (Mod)
Posted: June 25, 2012 (02:39 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

[This post was eaten, then reappeared under this. It's out to get me.

EmP]

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: June 25, 2012 (02:44 PM)

(Typed this out once; site ate it. Now you get an abridged version. Blame Venter)

Zipp, you crazed loon, you embedded the XBLI trailer! Might I suggest you swap it over with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDfKAaGpsSQ

After watching that through, a few things do spring to mind. the game looks a lot sharper, but seems to run a whole lot slower, and I don't much like the look fo those fiddly controls. Question: how does selecting magic attacks work? I see the magic prompt alters between starburst and rain attack every few second. Is that how it makes you choose which attack to use on the fly? Because that sounds bloody awful for so many reasons.

Cool review. I knew Akane was solid enough a game to stand out on its own merits, but I am more than a little smug that I championed the better version.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 25, 2012 (05:21 PM)

Funny, I even searched for an iphone trailer and nothing came up so I used the Xbla one instead—I can't change it out myself, but if you'd like to edit it with the right video, I'd be grateful!

The game doesn't run slower, but it loads much slower in between stages. selecting which magic to use isn't so bad; if you are pushing forward or back, it switched to the "spikes forward" magic; if you aren't moving or are jumping, it's the "omni spikes" attack; crouching pulls up the "down spikes" attack (AKA the best one). It works better than it sounds. What doesn't work is that I kept accidentally hitting it instead of regular shoot.

I heard from Haruneko that they are working on an update which is meant to fix a lot of the loading and control issues; the former I can believe but I'm not sure how they are going to pull off the latter.

I'm sorry to have lost the full EmP of feedback but I'm pleased you enjoyed the review!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: June 26, 2012 (09:12 AM)

There; edited.

HonestGamers.com: Home of Virtua Fighter CGI Gallery titles Akane reviews.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: June 26, 2012 (02:13 PM)

That's the slowest gameplay video I've ever seen.

---

board icon
Posted: June 26, 2012 (05:46 PM)

WHOA. That's not accurate at all. I must have clicked on the wrong link last night, because that's not the video I saw. Holy crap... I hate to ask this, but can we change it back? There's something wrong with this video. It's not that slow at all.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2012 (08:32 AM)

Hah, I just got a request from the developer to switch back the video. He confirmed there's something wrong with this video. If one of the mods could do that, since for some reason I can't edit my freelance submissions, that would be good. Right video is below.

src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9D1XvQhXwaA"

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2012 (09:01 AM)

That's a relief. That looked unplayable, but the guy who uploaded goes out of his way to say that's the game speed.

Sorry, assorted peeps -- I'll swap it back now!

[EDIT: Done]

board icon
Posted: June 28, 2012 (09:51 AM)

I'm the one who is sorry! I realized after you posted it that I had clicked on your link and then instantly another linked youtube video. Had I not done that, I wouldn't have said to post it in the first place. Sorry, sorry....

But yeah, I don't know what the deal is with this guy whose claiming this is true; it isn't.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.