Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > RotW: May 27 to June 2, 2012

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: June 06, 2012 (01:25 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

So, in recent days I discovered that I hadn't actually unlocked all the courses in Trials Evolution. I need to get 135 medals to unlock the Trials Trophy to get the Extreme courses. I didn't know the trophy unlocked courses. I thought I had them all. Even if I can't complete all the Hard-level ones yet, I thought I had them all. This will take a lot of work. And improve me greatly from my current global ranking (an embarrassing 341+K of the 600+K community members). So, yeah, forgive me if this is disjointed…I have important work on my mind. Screw the fact I bought Red Dead Redemption and Fallout 3 GotY Edition on Saturday -- THIS! IS! SPARTA!

THIRD PLACE: Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (Vita) by BrittonPeele

I really liked this review because it's a Disgaea review for a guy like me. Here's my history with the franchise: Bought the first game on the PS2. Played it obsessively, getting far too into things like the Item World. Got burned out by about the 6th or 7th chapter. Eventually traded it in. Eventually regretted that decision. Bought it again about 9 months ago. Haven't opened it yet. While your experiences with D3 are different, there is sort of the same sentiment that I felt — you have a million things you can do, many aren't necessary (at least for a long time) and it's easy to get kind of an overwhelmed feeling. You portrayed that wonderfully, I believe. It's always neat to see a newcomer to a series reaction to elements that are likely beloved by those who got on the ground floor with it, which added to my enjoyment of this review.

SECOND PLACE: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon (360) by Suskie

Typical Suskie review. Which is a good thing; often a very good thing, as no matter how good a week may be, a typical Suskie review tends to be a highlight. A lot of good things here; in particular, how you built to and then explained this game's "Call-of-Duty-itis" and how it detracts from its strengths.

OVERDRIVE PLACE:

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: June 06, 2012 (11:24 PM)

Damn, joe, you found the magic formula for Honest Gamers! Retro games + good writing + snarky attitude = consistent wins!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 07, 2012 (01:28 AM)

Yay! Thanks for the comments and the victory, OD. And thank you as well, Zipp.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: June 07, 2012 (04:24 AM)

Good job as usual, Joe. OD, thanks for the placement. Always appreciated.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Posted: June 07, 2012 (09:36 AM)

And in more important news (to me), I improved my global standing in Trials from 342K to 219K. Also, I need a new right thumb. I don't think this one works anymore.

board icon
Posted: June 07, 2012 (09:07 PM)

And now down to 158.7K. That's two very good days. And I've unlocked everything now. Not good enough to do anything with the Extreme courses, but they're unlocked.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: June 07, 2012 (11:07 PM)

You must become number one! Do you hear me? You must dethrone the champion! Do not stop until you have brought me his head!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.