Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week May 13 - May 19 2012

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: May 24, 2012 (07:45 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Well, this was a short week, but that's okay. We get those now and then. Despite that, all the reviews submitted this week were highly competitive and deserve a read. Thanks to those of you who submitted, as always.

THIRD PLACE: honestgamer's Kingdom Rush review

This is a very solid review for a game I had never heard of and likely never would have been interested in playing without the review. I'm also a fan of tower defense games, though I prefer them more on a leisurely basis and can probably only handle them in short spurts. (Well, with the exception of Plants vs. Zombies, but I digress.) Your review does a good job telling me all I need to know or possibly would want to know about this game, and that's always good. I don't think this review alone is enough to make me want to get an iPad, but if I ever happen to come into possession of one (as you had), I'll definitely give it a shot.

SECOND PLACE: Pickhut's Cho Aniki (Long Subtitle) Review

Hahaha. I had heard of this game but didn't know it was a series. I think I read one of Zig's Cho Aniki reviews either here or on his blog site but I can't remember what platform it belonged. Anyway, reading this review reminded me of just why I had such an amused impression of the game in the first place. It's just so out there that you can't help but laugh at it. It's a shame it's so bad, though; otherwise I'd be strongly tempted to find a way to play it. Or at least this version is. Perhaps earlier ones were better. In any case, you did a good job with this one. I have a lovely idea of what the game looks like now and you've convinced med me why I should never play it.

FIRST PLACE: Joe's Atlantis Review

This is just one of three reviews Joe wrote this week, and while all of them are very good, this one stuck out the most. I was hooked from the get-go with an exciting intro describing the scenarios within the game. Im always amazed at how exciting you can make a game this old sound. We all know that the sounds and graphics of that time weren't stellar, yet the way in which they're discussed makes them sound a lot more than they are. That's an awesome skill to have. What's more, the rest of the review conveys your sentiments about the game in such a way that I can easily see myself enjoying a couple of plays if given the chance.

Since I'm filling inf or Jason, he'll be doing my week unless he changes his mind. In which case, I'll be looking for a sub.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 24, 2012 (08:17 PM)

Thanks for getting this posted, WQ, and congrats to the incredible Joe (of Destroyer tendencies) on another win!

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: May 25, 2012 (12:14 AM)

Woohoo! Thanks, wolf, for the win and for taking over this week's RotW.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: May 25, 2012 (10:50 PM)

Thanks for the kind words, Wolf. Glad you enjoyed the review.

And congrats to the others. It may have been a small week, but that doesn't mean the quality wasn't!

I head spaceshit noises.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.