Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > pickhut's Choaniki: Kyuukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyou Otoko no Gyakushu review

This thread is in response to a review for Choaniki: Kyuukyoku Muteki Ginga Saikyou Otoko no Gyakushu on the Saturn. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 14, 2012 (10:23 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Nice handling of the title, pickhut. Most people stop with the funny pictures and don't get much into the mechanics.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: May 14, 2012 (10:47 PM)

Thanks for reading! Yeah, whenever the game gets brought up, it's mostly just about the images and stuff. I wanted to delve further... and suffered. 14 stages really is overkill for a shooter. I think my 4/10 is too kind, as well. Might change it to a 3/10. Gah, ratings!

And honestly, I'm surprised "that" image was accepted for the site considering the new image guideline xD. I'm bummed you can see it the moment the page loads... I was hoping the warning and first two paragraphs would be big enough for someone to have to scroll down to it.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: May 15, 2012 (09:59 AM)

I bought the PSN version of this game for the novelty of it and it's pretty awful. The Cho Aniki on Virtual Console (the first one, I guess) is a pretty solid shmup, but this one is terrible. The enemies are bullet sponges. The bosses take forever to take down, and it's not like they're fun anyway.

---

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.