Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Contributor Zone > Review of the Week, 29 April-5 May 2012 (bloomer)

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: May 07, 2012 (11:54 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Review of the Week, 29 April-5 May 2012

First Place

Suskie's Prototype 2 review (Xbox 360)

A review so good and necessary for this new release in today's world of ceaseless hype that it caught Facebook traffic. A review putting, keeping and/or vindicating the 'honest' in honestgamers.

Second Place

zippdementia's ActRaiser review (SNES)

Initially I was thinking "This review is getting indulgent on the music," but as you proceed through the whole piece it becomes clearer that the music was sufficiently big of a deal relative to the klunkiness zipp argues up in other areas that it may be worth exalting. There are also some good barbs and an interesting assessment of how the game has travelled over the years.

Third place

pickhut's Wolf Fang review (Sega Saturn)

This review is inspiring in reminding us that now and then you can find a supergem while trawling around amongst old and obscure games. It's also a review where I would have particularly enjoyed a screenshot or two, as the descriptions of hectic adventures and explosions are both vivid and dense, and I had to read them a couple of times to unpack it all.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: May 08, 2012 (02:49 AM)

Thanks for the kind words, Bloomer, and for bringing the Facebook feedback to my attention as well. I never catch those comments.

Kudos to Zipp and Pickhut.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 08, 2012 (09:16 AM)

Hey, cool! Second place in a VERY tough week! Sometimes the best praise is being placed alongside excellent reviews. Thanks, Bloomer!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: dementedhut
Posted: May 08, 2012 (10:42 AM)

Oh, hey! Thanks for the mention, and congrats to Suskie and Zipp their's too.

I head spaceshit noises.

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: May 21, 2012 (07:54 PM)

Why hasn't this week's been featured yet?

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: May 21, 2012 (09:04 PM)

It's featured now.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.