Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > holdthephone's Street Fighter X Tekken review

This thread is in response to a review for Street Fighter X Tekken on the PlayStation 3. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: May 03, 2012 (12:21 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey, this is a pretty awesome display of reviewing skills, holdthephone. You've come a long way in a short amount of time. The review is colorful and fun to read. Most impressive to me is that I completely understand what you're talking about as if I've played the game, which I haven't or any street fighter game in a long time. You did this without getting bogged down in explaining attack combos or any of that unneccessary stuff. I'll admit, I get a little lost when you describe the tag teaming... I'm not sure if you're saying that you can actually switch characters mid battle or if you can just activate a single move. Just got a bit lost in the wording there. Also, the review went on a little long. I started to drift by the time you went into a discussion of the game clock. It wasn't too bad, though. Even another picture could have helped pull me along through that. Maybe for your next review think about losing a couple paragraphs at the end. But yeah, this is great.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: May 03, 2012 (07:53 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

These kinds of games are more difficult to discuss than something as big as Skyrim for me, because I feel a fighter is more of a hobby for most people rather than a passing game interest. Definitely need to figure out a way to still address that issue, but still keep the review at a readable length

Doesn't help that I have a lot of competitive history with fighters, so I tend to have trouble keeping my mouth shut. I've never reviewed a fighter before and this is exactly why, haha.

Will make revisions soon.

Mobius 1, engage...

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.