Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > overdrive's Trials Evolution review

This thread is in response to a review for Trials Evolution on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: May 02, 2012 (02:11 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Now, I never played the previous game, so I'm having trouble coming up with imagery from your review. I think that's fine, but I was just curious on how you typically approach sequels? Assume the reader has prior experience and go from there? I don't bring this up because I have a problem with the review, I'm just trying to learn how to approach reviewing sequels as well, and how many basic descriptors I can afford to leave out of the writing.

Anyways, I like how the review almost specifically covers the pull of the game and how it's addicting. Actual looked up some videos of the game and I'm legitimately interested in picking it up, so nicely done.

One thing I'll mention is from your pull quote:

"Well, I'm going to have to find a way to perfectly run tracks that sent my biker flying into space and landing in a crumpled heap dozens of times."

My mind had a hard time following that sentence, lol.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: May 03, 2012 (12:00 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Thanks for the comments, HTP. I added a couple assets to the review to help a bit and added a couple sentences describing the kinds of stuff on courses. And did some work with that sentence that you mentioned.

For me, when it comes to sequels, I don't tend to focus on the nuts-and-bolts as much. Part of that goes back to the old GameFaqs days when I did all six NES Mega Man games in about a year or so, as it just seemed stupid and repetitive to mention the basics for each game.

Here, there's a bit of a different reason added to it. When it comes to things like "physics-based" engines, I'm so damn stupid that if I tried to really describe things, I'd come off with a bloated review. So I thought it might work better to describe my feelings and emotions as I was playing it rather than a more by-the-books style of doing it.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.