Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Nintendo announces New Super Mario Bros. 2 for 3DS

This thread is in response to an article about New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Sparkflowstudios
Posted: April 21, 2012 (01:23 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

RACCOON TAIL?! A FLYING RACCOON TAIL!?? I just... my pants.... WHY ARE THEY TIGHTER!?

I also produce an animated game review show called
"Button Mashers" by Spark-Flow Studios. Check it out!

http://youtu.be/tWFb2WLUaMU

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: April 21, 2012 (03:21 PM)

Nintendo's on a Mario 3 kick lately.

---

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: April 21, 2012 (03:42 PM)

Yes, but the closest Nintendo has come to my dream game lately is Super Mario 3D Land... which was painfully close. All I need now is a Wii U game that expands on that--and improves here and there--and I can die a happy man.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 23, 2012 (08:13 AM)

This looks pretty boss.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: TryHard
Posted: April 24, 2012 (09:10 AM)

Were we reading the same article? This game couldn't look any more phoned-in if it tried. Also,

the closest Nintendo has come to my dream game lately is Super Mario 3D Land

Personally, I thought it was just an attempt to shove more 3D Mario down our throats.

"It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected." - Mark Twain

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: April 24, 2012 (10:55 AM)

There's nothing wrong with well-executed 3D Mario. They're fun games, when done well (and Super Mario 3D Land was done VERY well). When a publisher sells another 3D game--which is what many, many people want--that's not shoving something down our throats. It's responding to demand. I like the classic 2D stuff too (though in general, the New Super Mario Bros. games have fallen a bit short), but franchises need to evolve to remain relevant. Not every game can be a throwback. Super Mario 3D Land made nearly all the right moves.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: TryHard
Posted: April 24, 2012 (11:01 AM)

When a publisher sells another 3D game--which is what many, many people want--that's not shoving something down our throats. It's responding to demand.

2D Mario outsells 3D Mario at every turn.

Responding to demand would therefore entail giving 2D Mario the big budget and letting 3D Mario take the backseat for awhile.

"It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected." - Mark Twain

board icon
Author: Roto13
Posted: April 24, 2012 (12:49 PM)

"2D Mario outsells 3D Mario at every turn," you say as though 3D Mario does't sell millions of copies every time. I don't get it, are you complaining that Nintendo releases too many of the same games or not enough?

If companies only made new games in their single best selling franchise, Nintendo would basically just release Wii Play over and over again.

---

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.