Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Masters's Silent Hill HD Collection review

This thread is in response to a review for Silent Hill HD Collection on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: April 09, 2012 (05:57 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

So Silent Hill HD is 1-3 or 2 and 3?

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: April 09, 2012 (06:40 PM)

Just 2 and 3. I didn't mention 1. Wait, did you read the review?

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: April 09, 2012 (08:16 PM)

Why DID they omit 1? I'm at a loss for words. Nice review, though. I tend to get deeply sad whenever I read most SH reviews, as the downturn the series has taken is truly tragic. In this case, nostalgia rings true. Still, though. No SH1? WTF?

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (03:36 AM)

Initially, I felt the way you do about SH1. But then I considered this: SH1 is a PS1 game, not a PS2 game. And it's not one of the better looking PS1 games at that. Can you imagine how ugly it would look if they dragged it onto a PS3/Xbox 360 disc in high def? Also, I'm sure Konami believes that they've already pacified the SH1 faithful with their reimagining of that game with Shattered Memories, even though that game clearly sucks.

But I do know how you feel. I wish someone would redo SH1 and update it with love. Sigh.

Anyway, glad you liked the review.

board icon
Author: Alk31997
Posted: April 10, 2012 (04:46 AM)

This review is admirable. I have never played Silent Hill 2 and 3, but i am interested now, might buy the HD collection today.

Thanks.

Life Is A Short Circuit Of Self Realization

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (07:43 AM)

That's kind of you. Hope you like it!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 10, 2012 (09:13 AM)

I don't like Silent Hill. Stop writing about it!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (09:47 AM)

I did read the review, Masters. This line confused me at the end (I haven't played SH 3): "Silent Hill 3’s faults aside, it’s still worth your time to play to learn more about the canon’s backstory in general, the first game’s backstory in particular."

I thought maybe you were inferring that the first game was included.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (09:51 AM)

You learn more about the first game's backstory because SH3 is its direct sequel; this is something I mentioned earlier in the review. Sorry, Jason and I assumed you hadn't read the review.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 10, 2012 (10:54 AM)

At least there's something with the Silent Hill name being released that's worth buying! Even if I played both games before and only really liked one of the two.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:29 AM)

No, it's alright, I can see why it might have looked like that, considering I didn't leave any other feedback. I actually read it several times and enjoyed it more each time. Just having never played Silent Hill 3 I got a little confused. I also was probably just hopeful... SH 1 and 2 are games that I would like to see redone. Thank god the voice acting was redone on SH2, though it sounds like SH3's voice acting redesign was unecessary. While reading that, I was reminded of Metal Gear Twin Snake's re-recording. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't the same. And it was needless.

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:32 AM)

Ooo, you added photos

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:33 AM)

Glad you enjoyed it Zipp! Yes, Emp made himself useful around here for a change. =D

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:35 AM)

EDIT: I do see now that line in the beginning about which games were included. Somehow that snuck past me each time. Now I feel silly.

That happens a lot to me with online material, though. When I do my online editing, I often print out the material or download it to my Kindle. A doctor actually told me once it had something to do with my color blindness and the shade of white that serves as the standard web background. It helps that you bolded it, though.

board icon
Author: Sise-Neg
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:47 AM)

A thread on the Silent Hill Wiki is claiming that the PS3 version of SH2 and SH3 HD is bugged up the A:

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ccrogers15/WARNING!_HD_COLLECTION_IS_SEVERELY_BROKEN!

Have you experienced any of these sorts of problems?

Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (11:49 AM)

Haha! I considered letting you go on feeling as if you are crazy, but thought better of it.

I actually made that edit based on your confusion to help clarify things for readers. Initially, I thought the fact that I said a couple games and only talked about two, would be enough for folks to know that there are in fact only two games on offer. But, I guess you can't be TOO clear. ;)

EDIT: I didn't experience any of that, no. But then the link you provided does say that Xbox users needn't worry as these issues don't affect us.

board icon
Posted: April 10, 2012 (01:47 PM)

You can count on Zipp to represent the confused masses! Next you'll need gif arrows pointing dramatically to where you mention which games are in the collection. And maybe a wiki link to the HD collection, just in case.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.