Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > aschultz's Miner 2049er review

This thread is in response to a review for Miner 2049er on the Apple II. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: April 08, 2012 (08:55 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

So, how old is this? Apple II? Wow. I had no clue people actually played games on Apple II. HAHA. This sounds, frankly, like a perfect bore of a game, and I can only imagine how bad the graphics are :P

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: April 08, 2012 (10:38 PM)

I think most people today, like myself, emulate Apple II. It's got some great older games on it, and some really tough ones too. I actually plan to write a review for the Apple II version of Archon II eventually, and it won't be pretty.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: aschultz
Posted: April 09, 2012 (02:52 AM)

Yeah. It's emulated. I think I forgot to mention that the game appears on other systems as a port, and I'm sort of scared to play them.

It was enough of my youth, though, that I figured it was worth writing about. I can assume other people might have an NES or GameBoy game that kind of stunk in the same way, but they were still grateful to get through it. And I also suspect I get more of a bang than I should out of using save states to rip through an unfairly bad game. I just didn't realize how painful it was at the time. Thing is, it's never specifically boring. It's just way too demanding.

My principal said, 'Emo, Emo, Emo.'
I said 'I'm the one in the middle, you lousy drunk!'
-- Emo Phillips

board icon
Author: bloomer
Posted: April 09, 2012 (03:43 AM)

When I was little I used to play the C64 version at a friend's house of a morn before their parents walked us to the bus stop. I do remember only seeing a few levels, and going down those slides. I just never encountered the Apple II version in my whole youth of ignorant Apple game copying.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: April 09, 2012 (11:44 AM)

I actually have an Apple IIe in my front room, so if I play Apple IIe games it's more likely to be on the proper machine (though emulation is in some ways still more convenient). I've never played Miner 2049er, but I have a bunch of copied games on disc that include a number of other classics (and more dubious "classics" that warrant air quotes).

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.