Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Sise-Neg's Legaia 2: Duel Saga review

This thread is in response to a review for Legaia 2: Duel Saga on the PlayStation 2. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than sidfjoiwi requested its removal.

board icon
Author: threetimes
Posted: April 07, 2012 (05:33 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

You nailed it in this review. I adored LOL and was terribly disappointed with Duel Saga but could never quite put my finger on what was so wrong with it. Of course the fact it was on the PS2 whereas the original was a PS1 game made an instant difference which at the time I didn't appreciate, but the problems with the game were deeper than that. It just felt like any generic RPG albeit with the Arts.

Don't panic!

board icon
Author: darketernal
Posted: April 07, 2012 (07:28 PM)

Me, I really liked Legaia 2 for some odd reason. It reminded me very much of Legend of Dragoon in just how it grasps every single cliche in the book. I liked the characters, the music, the cooking system and all the little things, and yet I find myself agreeing with pretty much every point in the review, though to be honest, I would place all of those faults with Legend of Legaia too.

Not sure how to make a sig? While logged into your account, you can edit it and your other public and private information from the Settings page.

This message was administratively deleted because it did not adhere to site guidelines, or because a user other than osjsdfwo requested its removal.

board icon
Author: Sise-Neg
Posted: April 09, 2012 (11:33 AM)

Legend of Legaia did have some of the same problems as Duel Saga. For me, however, the problems are amplified in Legaia 2 because while it improved on some aspects (the hidden scenes, mini-game variety, crafting and cooking), it felt like a devolution in other respects. The Arts were much less fluid due to all the zoom-ins, the hit detection was shoddy - often times it looked like characters whacked the air without actually hitting the enemy, etc. The fact that armor didn't show up really bugged me, too. I know not a whole lot of JRPGs do it, but if it was included in the prequel I expect it to be continued.

Also, something that I didn't really mention in the review, but it felt as if Duel Saga was building up to some great climax yet never really delivered. Meaning, it seemed like the story was going to develop and grow, but then the game just sort of ends a few locations later. I got the feeling that the developers just got bored or ran out of time and cut a whole lot out in order to release the product. Something about the story just seemed unfinished.

Everything begins and ends with Sise-Neg!

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: April 10, 2012 (10:19 AM)

Good review. I've played the first game back in the day. Unfortunately, I don't own it any more, or I might play it again to review. This game is kind of on my backlog to buy at some point and time, so it was nice to read an opinion of it. Even if it's an opinion that will put this game lower on my priority list.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.