Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > Suskie's The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim review

This thread is in response to a review for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 18, 2012 (10:37 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

A friend was complaining about the glitches in his PS3 version of Skyrim. They sounded really bad. He ended his rant by saying "Bethesda! Consumers are not beta-testers!"

For my money, I'll probably wait until Elder Scrolls VI comes out before I spring for Skyrim. First of all, it's highly possible that Scrolls VI may be the first Bethesda game to use more than three voice actors. So far the Elder Scroll games have gotten better with each new release, so there doesn't seem to be much harm in waiting for the next one if this one is still buggy as hell.

And if Elder Scrolls VI comes out and everyone says it's terrible, than I can go buy Skyrim and download what will then be the definitive patch.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

This message was deleted at the request of JoeTheDestroyer, the person who originally posted it.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 19, 2012 (07:30 AM)

I have the PS3 version, and they're pretty bad. The game crashes a lot. However, as awesome as the game is, they're worth suffering through.

EDIT:
That.....was weird... It posted my comment twice.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 19, 2012 (10:04 AM)

Good review that I agree with. Fortunately, the glitches were nowhere near as bad for me on the 360, but there were a number of little annoyances. But like you said, the game brings the goods in so many other ways.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: Suskie
Posted: March 19, 2012 (08:25 PM)

Yeah, from what I understand, the 360 version got off pretty easy. It's by no means unplayable, but it is bad enough to make me question whether or not we should be supporting this.

The answer, of course, is that we should, because Skyrim is otherwise incredible.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.