Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > EmP's Zero Wing review

This thread is in response to a review for Zero Wing on the Genesis. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 18, 2012 (07:04 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Hey, wow, someone who has actually played the game! Thanks for writing this review, EmP. I never did play the game but attempts to actually find someone who has usually end with making my time. And no great justice.

It's a good review, too. Entertaining (I laughed several times) and informative. Now onto the grammar stuff. I didn't dig through with a fine-toothed comb, but this one stood out to me, early on:

" It exists; it displays some good ideas and some poor implications and that’s it."

Do you mean implementations? Check the next paragraph, too, first sentence has an "as" missing.

EDIT: I am aware EmP's review isn't the first of these on Honest Gamers, but seeing as he had a hand in the creation of one and was mentioned in conversation concerning the other, it makes him a kind of zero wing authority.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 19, 2012 (11:18 AM)

Pfft. I was doing reviews of Zero Wing SEVEN YEARS AGO!

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 19, 2012 (03:27 PM)

Pffft. Seven years ago is just passe.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 21, 2012 (08:18 AM)

I'm pretty sure my review was the first up on the site. ^_^ But anyway, Emp manages to do a fine job despite being up against Real Shmup Review Heavyweights.

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 26, 2012 (07:06 AM)

Overdrive was doing plenty of things seven years ago. Like celebrating his 70th birthday. And complaining about the young 'uns on his lawn.

This really was a last minute scramble of a review after I had to scrap my plans for covering Zone of the Enders after the entire thing turned into a bitter rant. Well, more so than the bitter rants I try to dress up enough to turn into reviews, anyway. I'm glad it can hang with the rest of the content we already have for the game because what we already have is pretty killer.

Thanks, guys!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: Masters (Mod)
Posted: March 26, 2012 (07:09 AM)

If it weren't for the OD dig, I would have assumed someone hijacked Emp's account, what with the complimentary and gracious tone...

I don't have to prove I'm refined - that's what makes me refined!

board icon
Author: Linkamoto
Posted: April 02, 2012 (09:29 PM)

Awesomely funny review. Loved the way you describe the mindless boss fights and asinine level structures. Also, your last sentence is simply WINNING!

"Nowadays, people know the price of everything and the value of nothing"

*Oscar Wilde*

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: April 03, 2012 (04:38 PM)

Thanks -- and it's nice to see you back again.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.