Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > SamildanachEmrys's Flotilla review

This thread is in response to a review for Flotilla on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the review in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: SamildanachEmrys
Posted: March 10, 2012 (01:27 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I just corrected some problems initially caused by copy/pasting straight from my blog.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2012 (06:35 AM)

Your screens look a little oddly-placed; I would perhaps centralise the screenshots with a centre tag, and put the boxart to the left of the initial paragraphs, but that’s your call. Years of faffing around with Master’s asset work has made me overly critical.

But cool review; I played the hell out of Flotilla after Will spoke highly of it and, even though I am a bit of a stratnerd, enjoyed the same aspects of combat as you. The setting was what really sold me though. Oh, those rambunctious rasta-cats!

It’s also cool to see more XBLA reviews on the site. A while ago, I tried to supply a steady stream of reviews to the site, but time has been unkind to my efforts. It’s a direction I’d like to see the site go in. Perhaps one day I’ll find the time to pick it up again.

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 10, 2012 (10:36 AM)

Yeah, I noticed Sammi's been writing some really good XBLA reviews on his blog and I'm glad he decided to carry them over here. Keep it up, Sammi!

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Posted: March 10, 2012 (03:40 PM)

Thanks guys. I should point out that it was Zipp's idea for me to submit this here.

I did notice the formatting issue with the pictures, but it tested my meagre HTML skills to the limit just posting them at all. I have no idea how to centre them.

'There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.'

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2012 (05:41 PM)

I have played with your screens a little. In payment, I demand more XBLI reviews!

For us. For them. For you.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2012 (05:53 PM)

Speaking of which, I need to jump on that Don't Die Dateless, Dummy! review.

Speaking of which, I need to jump on buying Don't Die Dateless, Dummy!

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Posted: March 11, 2012 (03:14 AM)

Thanks, EmP.

Joe, you really don't want to do that.

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 11, 2012 (05:35 PM)

No, I don't, but I must. I'll be haunted forever if I don't.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 11, 2012 (10:23 PM)

You mean hunted forever if you don't.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.