Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Submission Feedback > [News] Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD could have DLC levels from other Tony Hawk games

This thread is in response to an article about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD on the Xbox 360. You are encouraged to view the article in a new window before reading this thread.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 08, 2012 (07:22 PM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

I'm really hoping for a lot from this game. The four THPS games were easily the best in the series, with 3 being the definite peak for me. I found 4 to be the least enjoyable of the series up to that point, but it was still much better than Tony Hawk's Underground and the series went downhill pretty aggressively from there. The only "new" one I really enjoyed was Tony Hawk's Project 8, but that seems to have been just a fluke. If this HD reboot doesn't mess up the stages, controls and objectives and it adds a nice polish, it could have me addicted all over again. Some levels from 3 and 4 would be icing on the cake...

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 09, 2012 (12:28 AM)

Underground was terrible. I recognize that I'm not really a fan of skater games, except Metal Gear Solid 2 Skate for the camp value, but even so I could tell that game just sucked. I bought it from a man who had literally just robbed the game (along with several others I bought) from a nearby Hollywood video. This was back in Eugene.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 09, 2012 (01:44 AM)

Sounds like he robbed more than once, if he got you to pay money for that! I still have it on GameCube. I tried selling it a few times on eBay and once I thought someone was going to pay $3 for it, but it was all just a cruel lie. Now I think I'll keep it just for the comedic value. The only good thing about it was the selection of Classic levels, as I recall... as in, the stuff that came from prior (much better) games.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 10, 2012 (10:55 AM)

I thought someone was going to pay $3 for it, but it was all just a cruel lie.

That's hilarious. You could probably get a few cents for it as a trade in on Amazon.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: EmP (Mod)
Posted: March 10, 2012 (12:16 PM)

I didn't mind Underground too much, but THUG2 I hated.

Series hit a peak with 3, but everyone knows that.

For us. For them. For you.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.