Patreon button  Steam curated reviews  Discord button  Facebook button  Twitter button 
3DS | PC | PS4 | PS5 | SWITCH | VITA | XB1 | XSX | All

Forums > Site Announcements > HonestGamers review bounties topic (March, 2012)

This thread has been locked by a moderator. No additional messages may be posted.

Add a new post within this thread...

board icon
Author: honestgamer
Posted: March 01, 2012 (12:48 AM)
Actions: Register for a free user account to post on the forums...

Welcome to HonestGamers! This site features staff and user reviews for a variety of games old and new. I'd like you to be a part of the process, and I'm prepared to reward you!

What is the prize?

This month, like last month, the prize is one (1) $40 electronic Amazon.com gift certificate. You can apply it toward nearly anything on that site that is sold directly by Amazon.com. I'm not sure if it works on third-party marketplace purchases, but either way, an Amazon.com gift certificate is pretty sweet! I reserve the right to increase the size of the prize or the number of prizes awarded at my discretion.

Who is eligible?

Anyone other than myself who contributes a review to the site is eligible, as long as such contests are not void in his or her region of residence and that person is 18 or has permission from a parent or legal guardian, but only when contributing user reviews. If you review a game on assignment as staff or a freelancer, that review is ineligible.

How do I enter?

Write a review for a qualifying game and submit it. If the review is approved by a staff member during the accepted time period (no later than the last day of the month), then you can post a link to the review in this topic. Any one person may enter a maximum of 5 reviews during a given month.

What happens next?

Once the month ends, assuming that there have been 5 or more eligible reviews entered into the contest, I will compile a list of all qualifying reviews within the topic. Then I will post a new topic to encourage voting. In order to cast a vote, a user must have an HonestGamers account in good standing. Feel free to explain why you voted for that review. Users may not vote for themselves, and each user may only vote for one review during the voting period. At the end of that period (a week or two, depending on volume of activity), I will tally the votes. Obvious voting fraud will be ruled out and the winner will be determined. In the event of a tie, my vote will be the tiebreaker. Once I announce the winner, he or she will have 48 hours in which to contact me in order to make arrangements to receive the prize. I will then send the prize within the next 60 days.

Can I help make this contest even better?

You can! Make sure that you let people know about it on Facebook and Twitter, if you think they might be interested, or you can contact me if you'd like to sponsor the contest with prizes or donations. I'm easy enough to reach (you'll find a link to contact me by email in the right column on this very page). Remember that the more people who meaningfully participate, the more likely I am to increase the rewards. Everyone benefits when people are active.

So, what games are eligible for the contest this month?

The eligible titles during this one-month period are as follows:

*Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Armored Core V (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Binary Domain (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Blades of Time (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Crush 3D (3DS)
*Heroes of Ruin (3DS)
*Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (PS3)
*Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
*Mario Party 9 (Wii)
*Mass Effect 3 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
*Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Storm Generations (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Phantom Breaker (Xbox 360)
*Planet Crashers (3DS)
*Ridge Racer (Vita)
*Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
*SSX (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3, Xbox 360)
*Syndicate (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
*Tales of Graces f (PS3)

*Any TurboGrafx-16 title
*Any SEGA-published game (Dreamcast titles only)

I reserve the right to add additional titles, and some titles (particularly those that are released late in the month) may be eligible next month, as well. Since HonestGamers is a site that appeals to a large number of retro gamers, I will always try to include some options so that retro reviewers can also get involved.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: zippdementia
Posted: March 01, 2012 (11:22 PM)

Hey Jason, Colonial Marines got pushed back till the fall of this year. It probably doesn't matter, since it being on the list has no effect, but I thought you'd like to know.

EDIT: I only know this because I am a huge Aliens fan and have been following the game recently.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: wolfqueen001
Posted: March 02, 2012 (05:31 PM)

The retro section counting only for Turbo and Dreamcast games more or less knocks me out this round. Oh, well; it's my own fault for being so slow on the last one.

I mean, there is a slight chance I'll get the urge to order the Shin Megami game for DS, but since it's an RPG and I have like 3 or 4 games (two of which are RPGs) I want to review this month, odds of completing it won't be good.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: March 16, 2012 (06:28 PM)

Hm... I really hope more people get into this. I myself haven't been able to due to the fact that I don't have very many current-gen systems, and the fact that I need to find my rhythm for reviewing again, but I do hope to get one of these one day.

[Eating EmP's brain] probably isn't a good idea. I mean... He's British, which means his brain's wired for PAL and your eyes are NTSC. - Will

board icon
Posted: March 16, 2012 (07:07 PM)

I also think it's a great idea that I would love to support, if I had more time and money. I will be doing a review for Journey, but I don't know if that will count.

Note to gamers: when someone shoots you in the face, they aren't "gay." They are "psychopathic."

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: March 16, 2012 (07:15 PM)

I will attempt to review Street Fighter X Tekken sometime soon, it's just a really intimidating genre for me to write about, and I'd hate to be unfair to it.

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Posted: March 16, 2012 (09:32 PM)

Well, and some people should submit their reviews for the contest. Suskie has done ME:3 and I know a Syndicate review was up by DarkEternal, I think. That was a good one!

board icon
Posted: March 16, 2012 (10:21 PM)

Suskie's review isn't eligible, zipp, but DE can totally enter. He just needs to keep in mind that the certificate will be good only toward Amazon.com purchases (and last I heard, they don't export most game-related stuff).

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy on reality

"What if everything you see is more than what you see--the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it really is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto on secret doors to another world2

board icon
Author: disco
Posted: March 29, 2012 (11:22 PM)

My review for Kid Icarus: Uprising:

http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/10141.html

Is there another word for synonym?

board icon
Author: JoeTheDestroyer (Mod)
Posted: March 30, 2012 (12:24 AM)

I was going to enter my Shin Megami review, but then I remembered it's a staff review. Oh well. I had hoped to review a TG16 game, but that fell through.

The only thing my milkshake brings to the yard is a subpoena.

board icon
Author: bbbmoney
Posted: March 30, 2012 (01:09 AM)

SFxT review, tomorrow I promise!

Mobius 1, engage...

board icon
Author: overdrive (Mod)
Posted: March 30, 2012 (11:08 AM)

Uh, Wild Arms 2 isn't on this list is it? I really need to coordinate some of my gaming to coincide with what's actually eligible. Now...next month, I completely expect "PS1 RPG" to be a category. And then I will snap.

I'm not afraid to die because I am invincible
Viva la muerte, that's my goddamn principle

board icon
Posted: March 30, 2012 (08:09 PM)

The problem is, even if Wild Arms 2 is on the list, only user reviews count in these things. I honestly don't have any of the new releases that I could write for a user review, nor any of the retro titles for this month. And, well, I didn't have time anyway as it turned out. Though, I stilll hope to participate in this sometime or another.

P.S. I hope someone got their gift card for February's. Not sure if there was a tie there or not. I meant to vote in it, but really never found enough time to read everything.

board icon
Author: jerec
Posted: March 30, 2012 (10:43 PM)

Mario Party 9

Just got it in there before the end of March.

I can avoid death by not having a life.

board icon
Posted: April 01, 2012 (03:28 PM)

Thanks for your entries, those who were able to submit something. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough entries this month. I'm closing this topic.

User Help | Contact | Ethics | Sponsor Guide | Links

eXTReMe Tracker
© 1998 - 2024 HonestGamers
None of the material contained within this site may be reproduced in any conceivable fashion without permission from the author(s) of said material. This site is not sponsored or endorsed by Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, or any other such party. Opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the opinion of site staff or sponsors. Staff and freelance reviews are typically written based on time spent with a retail review copy or review key for the game that is provided by its publisher.